Freya

Josh

I sigh for about the millionth time tonight as I turn onto my side.

I ask myself out loud, just to keep myself sane.

"What is wrong with me?"

I feel the pressure in my chest lift a little bit so I roll with it.

"Literally have only liked women up until Vik."

I pause for a second, hearing a noise near my room.

"Is someone there?"

I call out into the darkness. I wait for a response but no noise comes back. I check my phone for the time and to keep myself from getting paranoid.

"4 am."

I groan in annoyance.

"I should be asleep but I'm awake thinking about this little boy. I'm so fucked up. I have a girlfriend! I love her to death. What am I supposed to do? I'm literally going to ask her to marry me."

I groan, getting more and more lost in my own mind.

Instead of laying in silence in my bed, I get up and check on Vik. Maybe that noise earlier was Vik. I walk as quietly as I can to Vik's room and open his door a sliver. His lights are on and his room has never been messier. I decide to knock quietly and wait for a response.

I hear a small moan in response followed by footsteps. He opens the door, rubbing his tired eyes. The dad side in me kicks in immediately.

"What are you still doing up? You know it's 4 am, right?"

He looks down, clearly embarrassed. He mumbles a soft 'sorry' and nothing else. I sigh and wrap my arms around him.

"You're going to be the death of me, you know that right?"

He nods, nuzzling into my chest and wrapping his arms around me.

"Let's go to bed."

I gently hold his small hand in my much bigger hand and guide him to my room.

"You don't have to sleep with me, Josh..."

I open my door as he speaks, feeling no resistance from him aside from his words. I turn to face him once I open my door.

"I want to. You should sleep more."

He yawns as I gently push him onto my bed.

"But I'm such a pest."

I pause and think carefully before I speak. I need to word this properly.

"You should just sleep with me always."

I feel him tense as I lay down next to him and wrap my arms around him.

"But wouldn't that disrupt your sleep?"

"Not at all."

He turns over and buries his head into my chest again.

"If it makes you more comfortable and helps you sleep, why not? I don't mind."

He hesitates for a brief moment.

"Alright.."

I gently rub his back and yawn.

"We can talk more about this after we sleep, okay? It's way past your bedtime, mister."

I feel myself pull him closer to me without my own consent.

"Goodnight, Vikky."

I feel him shift into a more comfortable position before I hear his soft voice reply,

"Goodnight, Josh.."

What am I going to do about Freya?