Chapter 6

I've been fighting the same Old war
Against a disease without a cure

▁▂▃▅▆▇▉▊▆▃▂▁

The light makes me come out of such a heavy sleep, but I don't want to open my eyes. I feel a tart smell, peculiar only to hospital wards. 

The painful tingling in the fingertips finally makes me believe that I didn't die. Yes, and it would be stupid if I died from a shot in the shoulder and side. But isn't death senseless? 

A throat tickled in my throat, and a loud cough erupted from my mouth. Finally, I open my eyes, and immediately the light blinds me. I try to turn my neck at least and see precisely where I am but I was sick, so any movements were just unbearable. 

''Friday?'' The voice is heard poorly, but I still hope that Stark's assistant heard me. 

''Yes, Miss Y/l/n?'' How glad I was to hear at least someone's voice. 

''Where am I?''

"You're in the Avengers tower, ma'am."

''Who is in the building now?"

'' Mr Stark, Mr and Miss Maximoff, Miss Potts and Miss Hill." 

''Call the one who is the closest.'' Oh my Thor, I'm fed up with everything already. I want to move and drink. I want pancakes.

''Yes, ma'am.''

It remains to hope that this person will not linger. The seconds flowed for a long time, lazily folding in a few minutes when the glass door opened silently, and Wanda entered.

''Hi, Y/n,'' she sat on the chair next to me and lightly squeezed my hand.

''Hi,'' I honestly tried to smile, but it turned out. ''Could you, please, slightly raise the headboard. Otherwise, I'm not comfortable at all.''

"Of course," she pressed a button on the side, and the back began to rise. But so sharply that I already hit. ''Oh no, I'm sorry. It wasn't on purpose.'' 

"That's fine, don't worry," in fact, the needle in my hand shifted slightly and caused me just hellish pain. But how can I offend such a sweet creature? "What happened after they shot me?"

"Pietro took you to the plane and made Stark fly away. You were covered in blood, and I was frightened.'' Wanda squeezed my hand harder. 

It was ... unusual for me. I have already lost the habit of saying that someone cares about me.

Tony rarely showed that he did not care.

''The wound isn't that terrible,'' I even blushed. 

''But you lost a lot of blood and lay unconscious for 24 hours. You looked so much like Pietro after the battle with Ultron. This is so strange,'' - she grinned. ''Then I showed the Avengers their worst nightmares, and mine almost came true." 

It seemed to me that I was not worthy of such revelations. Mainly because I still did not open to them. Clenching my will into a fist, I decided to tell everything. 

''Friday, call Pietro.''

''Yes, ma'am.''

Wanda looked at me blankly. 

"Since you two are now  Avengers, I will tell you all about my past and abilities." 

Previously, it seemed to me that my revelations would be like torture, but I have long needed to have a heart-to-heart talk with someone. Although whom I am deceiving, it's never the most painful to say. The door opened quietly, and Wanda's brother appeared in it.