Chapter 17 || The end

So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

▁▂▃▅▆▇▉▊▆▃▂▁

(A/n: Y/n's words are written in italic, and Pietro's are normal)

I'm dead for the third day.

You cried. I have never seen your tears before: you said that men don't cry. Even standing at the tomb, you didn't show your feelings, but now, thinking that no one is there, you are lying with your face buried in a pillow. I can only touch your shoulder, but you will not feel my hand.

I'm no longer here.

The phone is turned off. The computer is covered with a layer of dust. You have never turned it on. You never left the apartment.

Wanda asked me to go out, to breathe some fresh air; she tried to talk with me rationally, but I didn't listen. I am still the same stubborn person, even though she's no longer next to me.

In the fourth morning after her death, I woke up and I opened the door so that I could find my sister again on the threshold. She gave me a letter and said: "She wanted to tell you something before, but couldn't."

I could only stand side by side, and if I could, I would cry too.

Inside there is nothing but pain and regret. I never said how much I love you. Why do we understand this when it is too late to understand? Why do we realise that we are loved only when everything is lost?

I sat on my bed and quietly opened the envelope, revealing a crepe piece of paper.

My tears.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second before reading.

"I hasten to dissuade you that I am not in love with you. You helped me know what this feeling and the word "love" means.

I was too closed in my shell and knew that every word of mine, every action of mine would be used against me.

I am cold, restrained, northern, quiet, silent, stubborn, serious, calm, dull, secretive, unsociable and you are inaccessible and strict. I thought we were something alike. And the same people just have to keep close.

I don't think that true love is a life full of quarrels, tantrums and jealousy scenes. For me, love is like an idyll. In love should be harmony, understanding and peace. I don't dare to talk about my feelings, but it seems to me more and more that in our estrangement we are close. Well, we were close.

Two cold people can easily give each other warmth.

When I take your hand, and there is only a moment, these milliseconds, when I don't see anyone, there are just sensations, as I touch my fingers to your hand, which radiates heat, and it is in turn absorbed by my skin. The night at the Stark's party proved me that well. Too bad, I was so overwhelmed by the fear.

From your side, it looked like a way to cool your hot fingers with my cold fingers. We were closer than ever, but I didn't look into your eyes. We are in a too unsuccessful perspective, and a non-existent background will immediately notice each of my eyes.

What a pity that you cannot record thoughts on tape. And what a shame I'm not by your side at this moment.

It is not a burden to me. It fills me with energy. I believe that our power is magnetic and, if you are a "plus", then I am a "minus".

I will believe in us till the end of my line, till my last hope.

And, if you are my last hope, then my heart will beat as long as you are with me.

Your banshee, Y/n."

I can only stand side by side, watch you suffer. We said, "Until death does us part." But even it did not I'm near by, and if you listen to your heart, you will understand it. I will always be with you as long as you remember me.

After all, I still love you.

THE END!

Lmao I won't use caps again, I swear, BUT HEY, after 3000 years I've finally wrapped this book up. *screams internally*

(Upd: okay so I wrote this maybe in February or march 2019, and I wrote 3000 back then like without feelings and all that shit, wow now this shit hurts me, thanks Danny from the past)

Yep, that was a sad story, you can blame and curse me for killing Y/n, 'cause that's what I'm looking for.

I wanted to say a HUGE, ENORMOUS, and VAST thank you to everyone who stuck with me through this story. Yes, there were ups and downs and I was terrible in some places if we are referring to grammar (and still am)

I just can't believe I finished my first book with 300 reads.