Chapter 7

Don't try to sleep through the end of the world
And bury me alive

▁▂▃▅▆▇▉▊▆▃▂▁

Lying in bed for several days, I realised that it wasn't so much fun lounging, and I convinced my doctor to let me go to work a little. 

I quickly left the chamber so hated by me with a disgusting smell of drugs. It was great to walk with your own feet because for three days I was allowed no more than to go to the toilet and pour a glass of water. 

As for me, everything has healed a hundred times already. 

I was convinced of this when I went into the shower, and now with the most business-like appearance, I chose a work suit for myself. 

My wounds hurt quite a bit, but this didn't prevent me from enjoying my wonderful mood thoroughly. 

The weather was beautiful, and everything was blooming and smelled. Even the almost withered chrysanthemum on my nightstand managed to dissolve several pale pink buds.

 Throwing a towel on the bed, I put on my underwear and sorted my things. Suddenly I felt a strong movement of air, and when I turned around, I saw Pietro grinning. 

My reaction was not long in coming: with a short cry I hid behind the closet door, covering my poor wounded body. Looking at him from under my brows, I saw that he was not so much not turned away, he was also looking at me. Cheeks instantly turned crimson. 

"Good morning," like a rabbit dropping in, I looked at the boy approaching. ''I seem to be on time.''

''Actually, no. Don't you think you should go?'' shame and even anger have come to replace confusion because I cannot change the situation. 

"I'll wait outside," Pietro left as quickly as he appeared, leaving behind only a light blue train. Exhaling deeply, I came out of my "shelter" all red and confused. 

Usually it is quite challenging to embarrass me, but in that case, I couldn't do it. 

Quickly pulling on my skinny black pants, I took out a white blouse from the closet and rolled up my sleeves to the elbow. Then I fished out of the depths of the old wooden box, which kept some of the things of my parents. 

Thus, there lay fatherly silver cufflinks, a bow tie and mother's set of pearl beads and earrings. I was only interested in my father's tie, made from the best silk. I turned it in my hands and, without thinking twice, fastened it around my neck and straightened my collar. Stringing white sneakers and making a perfect tail, I was ready.

It was somehow embarrassing to talk to Pietro, even though nothing unusual happened. I just jokingly shoved him in the shoulder, still blushing a little, and we went to the lab. 

''What did you do in my room? You could knock.''

"I could," I didn't even look at him, I would understand that he was smiling. "Stark asked me to make sure you were not late." I just grunted and opened the transparent glass door. 

Tony's work was already in full swing: a bunch of complicated schemes and formulas that hung right in the air, a little flickering, scientific talk with Friday and hissing reagents in flasks. Wow, someone is having fun!