~30~

SUPER IMPORTANT CHAPTER READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH

I woke up from the bed to notice Zach wasn't there anymore. Light peeked in from the blinds and I slowly made my way out of the blankets. Before I ran downstairs, I stopped in the bathroom to wash my face from the salty tears that stained my cheeks last night. As I walked into the kitchen with barely a smile, I was greet by all of the boys setting up a nice breakfast with homemade pancakes, fruit, and bacon.

"What's this?"

"Goodmorning, Delilah." Daniel said with a grin as he looked back at me.

"Oh, look whose talking to me again."

He giggled and went back to the fridge to get something.

"Pancakes m'Lady?" Jack sung as he took a plate of pancakes from Jonah and placed it on the table.

"Don't mind if I do!"

I sat down and suddenly Corbyn placed a tall glass of orange juice at my seat. Zach brought out a plate of bacon for me (and stole a piece or two) and Jonah finished cutting up the fruit.

"What's all this for?" I asked as the boys finished their cleaning up.

Jack slid over quickly next to me and got real close to my face, "You."

I ruffled his hair which prompted him to run away. 

"We have a surprise for you after you finish breakfast," Jonah said.

I perked up and said, "a surprise? Zach, what is it?"

"Ahaha I ain't saying, Delilah. Nice try..." The boys gave a death glare towards Zach, nervous he'd slip up. "I swore I wouldn't tell her about the song!"

They all whipped their heads back and squeezed their temples with their fingers, sighing "Zachhh."

"A song?"

--

They sat me on the coach and brought out some of the stools from the kitchen to sit on. Daniel grabbed his guitar and the boys all sat down facing me. 

"Delilah," Daniel started, "while you were with Shawn, we felt so utterly defeated. You're an amazing girl and we can't believe we only met you a month or two ago. But we felt defeated because Shawn was not treating you the way we thought you should be treated. So we decided to write a song about you."

I smiled at him and eyed each of the boys.

"This song is called Hard," Jonah said, before Daniel started to play the guitar.

It's hard to act like I don't think about you sometimes
I should win an Oscar

It was my birthday, right at the end of the night
It was that first time, he hurt you bad and you cried
Right in my arms, fell to a million pieces
Held you together, girl, I know all your secrets

Do you know what is to, be the one to fix you?
And all you do is run back to the one who breaks your heart
You're makin' this too hard

I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I said I'll be there to the end but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
You keep runnin' back to him, I know it's hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard

It's hard to sing along to songs that people sing when they're happy
I should win a Grammy

You block his number, and then you call me instead
You give him distance, and then you sleep in my bed
You say you miss him, and you go crawlin' back
That's my mission, it's to be here when you're sad

Do you know what is to, be the one to fix you?
And all you do is run back to the one who breaks your heart
You're makin' this too hard

I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I said I'll be there to the end but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
You keep runnin' back to him, I know it's hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard

All this daytime drama makes me feel so alive
So good at fakin', I should win an Emmy

I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I said I'll be there to the end but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard
You keep runnin' back to him, I know it's hard
Hard, it's just too hard
I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard

...

"Oh my god, guys..." Tears stained my cheeks as Jack immediately ran over and pulled me into a hug.

"We love you so much, Delilah." Zach said, as the boys got up and joined Jack and I in the hug.

They all let go except for Daniel, who stepped back slightly and held one of my hands. "I love you so much, Delilah."

"I know, Dani," I giggled.

"No, Delilah, you don't understand. I really really like you. More than a friend. And I know this is bad timing, but I had to tell you."

The boys stood their, mouths agape, confused at the situation.

"Hey!" Zach yelled, angerly. "I told you I like Delilah, what the hell is this?"

I stood their frozen as this played out in front of me.

"Zach, the hell? I told you I like Delilah." They all angrily glared at each other as Corbyn and Jack backed up, not wanting to get involved. The bickering started and I stood their defenseless.

"SHUT UP!" Corbyn yelled. The group ran silent. "You all suck at keeping secrets. I've known this whole time. Haven't you noticed, Jack?"

Jack was taken aback that he was now apart of the conversation, "Wh- uh- yeah. I knew the whole time. For sure."

"Are any of you fucking aware I just got out of a relationship? And that this is the worst possible timing?" I said, cocking my hip and tapping my foot on the floor.

"Delilah, do you want me to take you home?" Jack asked, stepping forward.

"Yes. I'll deal with you all tomorrow. Sort out your shit."