SIDE STORY: THE FALL OF THE BLACK LOTUS Chapter 8:

Three days after, the news of the sect leader of GususLan is finally back. His sudden disappearance after the commotion that he cause in the Sect leader of YunmengJiang sect wedding and his return after the three days of disappearance spread wide in cultivation world, no one knows where he went and his sect refused to give an explanation about it.

Wei Wuxian went to Lotus pier to ask Jiang Fengmian and the others to visit Gusu to attend a feast. At first Jiang Fengmian was hesitant but considering that Wei Wuxian is a part of his family and in Lan's, he agree to attend. Jiang Cheng knows that Wei Wuxian is up to something stupid again, but didn't argue with him because the truth is.... He also want to go, he want to see him, to know if he's okay and not hurt.

Wei Wuxian chuckled secretly when everyone agreed to come, his plans is going smoothly, now all he need is to set the two to talk to each other but will this change the fact that Jiang Cheng will get married?

At their arrival at Cloud Recesses, Lan Wangji and the juniors welcomed them. Jiang Cheng's eyes keep on wandering around looking for a certain person, Wei Wuxian noticed it and give Lan Wangji a wink to tell Jiang Cheng of the whereabouts of the person his looking for.

Lan Wangji saluted and faced Jiang Fengmian, "Brother is talking with the elders for the feast, I'm sorry if he can't welcome you personally" he said.

"No, it's ok... He must be really busy." Jiang Fengmian smiled as he waved his hand.

Jiang Cheng let out a heavy sigh in his heart, he felt relieved after hearing that Lan Xichen is doing fine. But still, a sharp single needle is buried deep in his heart, he feel suffocated, he wanted to pull it out to escape from the pain but unable to locate it or probably he can't pull it out by himself.

As they walk leisurely to meet the elders and the sect leader of this sect, they noticed that nothing change even though there will be a feast tonight. No decoration, you can't see anyone who's rushing to do the preparation, no scent of delicious food, the whole place is the same as ever.

Since Jin Ling is used to a fancy life, his face keep making sour expression as he walk.

"There will be a feast tonight?" he asked, he used that little mistress tone of his as he raised a brow and monitored the whole place.

"A-Ling" Jiang YanLi is worried that someone might hear his son and got offended thus she forbid him to continue to talk. Jin Ling pouted and let out a 'Hmph' but he obeyed the instruction and didn't dare to utter another insulting word.

When they entered the hall where the feast will be held, the elders are already sitting on their prospective seats quietly. Lan Xichen is not around, probably he's still preparing, since his the leader of his sect there are plenty of stuffs that he need to prepare before the feast. Once everyone is settled, they waited for Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren arrival. It's a dead silence that even Jiang YanLi knitted her brows in discomfort. After a while, the two most awaited people arrived at last! Lan Xichen walks straight and gave a nod and smile when he saw Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian sitting side by side.

He sat in front of everyone, on his right are Lan Qiren and the elders, on his left are Lan Wangji with Wei Wuxian followed by the Jiang family. Before the feast started, he gave a small speech to welcome everyone, his voice is gentle and calm like before, without a hint of awkwardness or heartache. The feast is filled with silence for the whole time, the foods are bland, and the faces are serious. Not only Wei Wuxian, but also Jin Ling felt like vomiting and fainting on the spot because of the unusual blandness of the food. Jiang Cheng ate and drank the dishes in one gulp, he used to study in cloud recesses, he used to eat and drink these so it doesn't affect him that much. As he eat, he keep stealing glance at the man in the middle but when the other party noticed his glance, there's no unnatural reaction. Instead Lan Xichen gave him a bright smile, like a saint. Jiang Cheng heart throb, he feels like another poisonous needle pierced in his heart again.