SIDE STORY: STRAIGHTENING HIS PATH CHAPTER 4

Two months has passed since the death of XuanYu, everything was back to normal. Jin GuanYao is doing his job as the sect leader, Jin Zixuan is starting to recover and everyone's expecting that he'll replace Jin GuangYao soon in the position.

"A-Yao!" Jin Zixuan entered the hall where the meeting of sect leaders always being held. Jin GuangYao was checking every corner of the place, preparing for the meeting tomorrow.

"Brother" Jin GuangYao saluted.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes! Tomorrow's meeting is about the disturbance at the Yi City, don't worry about it and focus on resting." He smiled.

"I'll be attending the meeting tomorrow" Jin Zixuan said and retreated not to rest but because Jiang Yanli, his wife told him earlier to meet her at the garden when he's done talking with Jin GuangYao. When he arrived at the agreed place, Jin Zixuan saw Jiang Yanli talking with someone from afar, it's a man wearing a hood but before he could get near enough, the man already left.

"Who's that?" He asked as he approached Jiang Yanli.

"I don't know, I didn't be able to see his face but his voice sounds so familiar, he was saying something about tomorrow's meeting." She replied. Jiang YanLi started stating every detail of what happened before Jin Zixuan arrived.

--

A man in black hood with a mask suddenly approached her while she was waiting for her husband, at first she was frightened but she chose not to panic or shout. She scanned every part of the man, from head to toe.

"What is it?" She calmly asked. But the man didn't say anything nor took another step closer to her, she was confused, why would he approach her if he doesn't have the intention to talk to her? And how did he get in?

"Do I know you?" Jian g YanLi decided to call for someone if the man won't talk, when she's about to shout for a help the man spoke.

"Mmm.. I think you do." He said.

When Jiang Yanli heard the voice, she was certain that the person in front of her right now is someone she knew very well. In the first place, he won't be able to get in if he doesn't know this place very well, no one will let him in if no one knows him, but why does he need to disguise himself and secretly approach her? Jiang YanLi become more cautious of the man, since it's someone who knows her well then it'll be easier for him to do something.

"What is it?" her voice is not as calm like earlier. She took a step back, when it comes to physical strength or cultivation power, obviously she doesn't stand a chance but there are guards at the back of the garden so she's not worried at all.

"Young Lady Jin, no need to be so cautious of me. I'm just here to tell you something interesting!" The man let out a soft laugh. Jiang Yanli tilted her head, what could this man need from her? What is it that he want to tell her? She waited for the man to speak again and tell her what is this all about.

"Tomorrow..." he paused a bit and continued, "There'll be an interesting show tomorrow, please look forward to it." The mysterious man said.

"What do---" Jiang YanLi was about to ask something but the man suddenly left in rush. She wanted to stop the man but Jin Zixuan called out to her from behind, when she turned around the man is nowhere to be found.

--

"Did he mention what is it about?" After listening to the story, Jin Zixuan couldn't help but be cautious. Tomorrow will be a meeting for all sect leaders, it'll be a huge mess and commotion if the mysterious man is aiming to kill someone who will be attending tomorrow.

"No" Jiang Yanli shook her head. Jin Zixuan sighed, he knows that something terrible will happen tomorrow and to prevent it from happening, he need to do something beforehand.

"Don't worry, I'll do something about it" He patted her head.

The day and night passes by and right now everyone is busy welcoming the cultivators form different sects who're attending today's meeting. The security is tight, every corner is being guarded as Jin Zixuan instructed them. With a tight security along with the leaders of most powerful sects gathered here today, there's no way that someone could possibly enter the place and make a move freely.

While everyone is discussing about some matters, someone screamed from outside of the tower. Everyone looked at each other and stood up to check it out, Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli are afraid that it might have something to do with the man yesterday. When all of them are out, they saw a woman who is a servant with a horrified look lying on the ground.

"What is this all about?" Jin Zixuan asked. The woman pointed in front of her with trembling hands, they shifted their attention to where she's pointing at. Their eyes widened with what's in front of them, Jin GuangYao almost fell on the ground in disbelief. Words written on the wall, different books and things scattered around and Jin GuangYao knows well what those words means and what are those things are.

Chapter End. 

A/N: Could only finish a short chapter. School works are killing me (-̩̩-̩̩͡_-̩̩-̩̩͡) Hope you like it tho.