Chapter 1

"Are you excited?" Is the first thing my aunt Della asks when she answers her phone. I chuckle at her enthusiasm. I swear she has been counting down the days until my birthday since my birthday last year. I know she's super excited to find out who my mate is, but I already know it's going to be Asher.

"Of course I'm excited." I reassure her. I've also been counting down the days, but for a totally different reason. Asher and I have been best friends since we were children, and I know tomorrow at our joint birthday party we'll be announcing we are mates. I know it's bold of me to assume our fate like that but I have that gut feeling. I mean everything would be perfect; we share a birthday, he's our Betas son, we are best friends, and we could one day become the strongest Alpha and Luna in history.

"We will be there bright and early tomorrow morning much to Troys displeasure." She laughs at her son, who I can hear groan in the background. Della is my dads sister, and is also the Luna of Black Moon pack. She's the closest thing to a mom I have, and we've been close for as long as I can remember. I know I'm adopted because it's pretty obvious since I have two dads, and I know basic anatomy. They have always been open and honest about who my real mom was and the circumstances under which I was adopted. It doesn't bother me at all because I have two of the most loving parents I could possibly have.

"Could you drag Emeric along with you because otherwise he'll end up coming late somehow?" Even though Emeric has a mate  he's still just as childish as he was when I was younger. He's more of an older brother to me than an uncle.

"I already set his alarm this morning and talked to Melody, and she's got their bags packed and ready." I walk out of my bedroom and head down the hallway to the kitchen to grab a snack. My dads have been out later for the past few night getting everything set up for tomorrow so dinner is always later at night.

"Do you think she'll come?" I grab an apple moving over and sitting on one of the barstools at the island.

"Of course Melody's coming." Della sounds busy with something which makes me feel bad for calling and bothering her, but I am so bored being all by myself at the moment.

"I didn't mean Melody." I whisper out nervously. My memories of Violet get fuzzier by the year, but I still miss her. She protected me during that horrible day fourteen years ago, and I will always be thankful for that. The line goes silent making me worried I hit a nerve. I know that Della misses Violet the most out of everyone, and each year that passes and Violet doesn't show up really takes a toll on her.

"Sweetie I don't know, but I'm hoping so. We made sure to send out an invitation with her name to every pack, so there is a chance she might come." Della's voice sounds distant and lost in thought. "Victoria's calling me so I have to go sweetheart. I love you." I frown at her now sad tone. I knew I shouldn't of said anything.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow. I love you too." I hang up the phone letting out a long sigh. Violets disappearance has always been a touchy subject that our family's danced over, but I just want answers. I nibble on my apple trying to come up with a way of making it up to Della.

"Tessa are you home?" I hear my dads voices at the front door. I turn around on the stool just as they walk into the kitchen with big smiles on their faces. I admire them both for leaving any pack issues at the door when they get home. My childhood was probably as normal as any other kid in our pack despite my dads being the Alphas. Both move to give me a hug since they haven't seen me most of the day.

My dad, Fletcher, who is Della's younger brother, took control of the pack after my grandfather went all psycho and tried to murder us all. Okay maybe my childhood wasn't the most normal, but it was a good one. Some old school Alphas only consider Fletcher to be the Alpha, and not Ryder because they have been engraved with distrimating ways their whole life. Once a few years back during a meeting this really old asshole Alpha called Ryder, Luna. It took him about half a second to drag the Alpha out of the house and throw him out on the lawn, and kindly ask him to fuck off.