Chapter 25

"Oliver send a third of our warriors to Crescent Pack, and keep the rest on the pack line just in case." Quentin orders rapidly while clutching the back of the front seat. We didn't stick around for even a second after the chaos ensued. Many other pack leaders followed us in bolting out of the meeting room to help Elijah and Nora in any way we can. Right now Della is driving well over the recommended speed with Aidan in the passenger seat and Quentin and I in the back. There wasn't enough room in the car so my dads took a different one. Nora and Elijah couldn't hold back and shifted right as they stepped out of the front door tearing off in the direction of their pack.

"Emeric get the kids in a bunker with Melody, and prepare the pack. We don't know yet, and send them some help. Yeah they are behind it." Aidan sounds winded even though we are sitting in a car, but it could have something to do with the sharp turns and near misses from Della's driving. Sitting here doing nothing but letting my thoughts consume isn't going to help so I dig my own phone out.

"Listen I know you are mad but..." I silence him before he can dig himself a even bigger hole.

"I'm beyond mad Jasper! Do you know how much danger you've put yourself in? We will go into this later, but for now I want you to get your pack under lockdown because Crescent Pack is under attack as we speak." It's silent on the other end for a solid minute before I hear him incoherently shouting to someone.

"Do they need help?" If it were possible steam would be coming out of my ears.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I shriek causing the car to jerk as Della turns her head to see what's going on. "Absolutely not! Does everything I tell you go in one ear and out the other? Listen plenty of backup is on the way as we speak and until I talk to you later I want you bunkered down at home doing nothing. Nothing!" I emphasize glaring at my phone as I hang up. Jasper is going to be the death of me I swear.

"How did your dream end?" Della looks at me in the rear view mirror for a split second before switching her eyes back to the road. Quentin turns to me confusion written all over his face, and my guilt for not telling him spreads through my body again. I knew he had enough on his plate as it was, and considering he was in a coma for a week not too long ago I thought it was best to keep my dreams to myself.

"Two men and one woman arguing behind a tree. I couldn't see faces but now I know one was Ivan. When I turned to run a wolf lunged for me." I admit trying not to fall further into the depths of it. I bite my lip debating whether to mention my theory that I was seeing my mothers last moments and Ivan's parting words. Looking out of the corner of my eye I notice Quentin's eyes locked on my nervous habit, so there is no point in hiding it because he knows there's something I'm not mentioning. "I think I've been dreaming my mothers last moments." I admit quietly feeling silly for even suggesting it, but I know they heard because Della slams on the breaks causing all of us to lurch forward our seatbelts keeping us intacted.

"Why do you think that?" Della looks troubled by the idea, her eyes swirling with sadness and hands gripping the wheel tightly. Aidan rubs a hand down his face as he absorbs it all, and Quentin looks especially heartbroken his lips cast downwards in a frown. His silver eyes are raw with emotion to the point where I have to look away when I answer afraid my voice will crack.

"He told me I was just like my mother." I utter not looking any of them in the eye too worried of what I'll see. It's silent for a solid minute no one daring to speak first, but it's gone as quick as it came.

"That motherfucker!" Della roars punching the steaming wheel a few times. I flinch at the outburst shrinking back into my seat, but Quentin takes my face into his hands sarrow written all over his face.

"I'm so sorry." He breathes leaning forward and kissing my forehead. It's blatantly clear they all believe what deep down I've know for a while now. I'm frustrated that I didn't decipher it sooner, and there is no one to blame but myself because I chose to ignore the nightmares pushing them to the back of my brain the second I would wake up.