Chapter 2

Trees whiz past me as my wolf pushes us to run faster. I don't even know how long I've been running, but I do know that I crossed our border a while ago. I have memorized all of the surrounding packs years ago, but I don't know nutreal territory as well as I should. Looking around I try and find any marking or indicators on where the hell I am but I don't see any. I slow down to try and catch any scent of a pack nearby so I can find my way back, but there is no trace of anything.

I don't want to shift back because I have no clothes. The reminents of my torn dress are I'm sure still laying in our backyard where I shifted. Worry starts to build in my stomach as I realize that my family's no doubt worried about me. As much as I don't want to I have to go back so they know I'm okay.

I trot towards the sound of running water. Maybe I can identify it and work back from there. A small stream surrounded by thick tress is the source of the noise. I huff out frustrated because there is no way that I'll be able to figure out where I am anytime soon. I'm just going to have to run until I find a nearby pack or I can figure out where I am.

* * *
The sun set an hour ago and still have no clue where I am. I'm hungry and it's starting to get cold. I need to try and find somewhere to hunker down for the night. I may not be in danger from other animals, but that doesn't mean there aren't rogues out. I know all rogues aren't bad, but that doesn't mean the cruel and merciless ones aren't out there.

I make my way to the denser part of the trees hoping that no one will be able to spot me under the brush. Suddenly a twig snaps behind me and whip around to see a teenager standing there with his arms up. I bare my teeth growling out, warning him to not come any closer. He may not be in his wolf form, but that doesn't make him any less dangerous.

"I just want to help you. Are you lost?" His voice is soft but stern reminding me of the way an Alpha or Beta talks. He's way to young to be either of those so it confuses me. I still don't trust him enough to shift back, plus the fact I don't have any clothes to change into doesn't help. He stands there not moving just watching me. His eyes widen in understanding as he holds up a finger running off.

"Sorry I should have realized that earlier." He comes waking back through the trees holding out a shirt. I stare at it for a second before looking back up at him. This inky black hair almost shines blue in the moonlight, but his eyes are a warm hazel that for some reason comfort me. I mull it over for a few more seconds before deciding it's my best option at this point. I crawl forward to show him I'm not going to attack and take the shirt in my mouth. Turning around I walk behind a think bush shifting back to my skin and throwing the large shirt over my head. It's large enough that it could be a dress falling just above my knees.

"Thank you." I mumble as I walk back to where he is now sitting on a large rock. He gives me a small smile patting the spot next to him. I stay where I am though a few feet in front of him, and cross my arms waiting for him to say something.

"You're welcome. Do you want to talk about it?" I furrow my eyebrows at his question. How does he know something happened? Well other than the fact I'm lost, but I could have been lying about that, he wouldn't know. He must see my confusion because he further elaborates. "You have makeup running down your cheeks." He points to his own cheek as if I don't know what a cheek is. I reach up wiping my under eyes trying to rub away any reminders of this mornings events.  "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it I understand."

I just want to get home, but at the same time the thought of seeing Asher again makes bile rise in my throat. Maybe talking to this kid will help sort it all out in my head. I huff climbing up onto the rock next to him still leaving a safe amount of space between us just in case.