Chapter 10

A/N: I will start by saying that I am not going to be publishing on a schedule. It stresses me out and makes it harder to write. Also, I really appreciate the comments and votes. If you guys have any questions or ideas, please either comment them or message me directly. I will try to answer as quickly as possible. Picture of Dravus above. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A WEEK SINCE THE COVEN LEFT:

"And here I thought it would be fun to travel with the most powerful witch ever born..." Jaexon complains as we trek over a wooden bridge. I sigh, knowing that he is bored and trying to pick a fight. "Well, if I knew hwat the next town looked like, I could transport us there!" I say, giving in. Raedon puts a hand on my shoulder as I spin around from my spot in the front of the group.

"Can't you send Erion? Last I checked, they were an arian familiar." He jabs back, crossing his arms. "Yes, because my familiar is suddenly a tool for me to use!" I growl back, becoming agitated. Jaexon just huffs before pushing past me, bumping Raedon's shoulder on the way past. THAT'S IT!! I think as I reach into my magic pocket, bringing out a staff.

Rayna immediately jumps in front of me while Raedon grabs Jaexon. "Rayna, move." I say in a deadly calm voice. "No Lukas. You will end up kicking his ass, and as much as I want to see that, it will slow us down." I sigh, returning the staff to my magic pocket. "You're right. Besides, we just crossed into a small vampire territory I think."

Everybody stiffens at that, moving closer together. That's when I hear it. The light steps of someone jumping through the trees. Multiple people, one male and two females. It seems the two females are chasing the male. Rayna, connect us. She nods before connecting us. Ollie, take Ly and go invisible. You guys are last resort. Jae, I need you and Ray to create as many stakes as you can. Raedon, you and I will distract the vampires coming our way while everyone else works.

Everyone nods. Ollie grabs Lyreah's hand before creating a nook in the neaarest tree and going invisible. Rayna starts pulling branches from trees while Jaexon starts breaking and sharpening them. Raedon and I join hands before I teleport us three trees in front of the incoming party. I see the male first, looking behind him in order to throw the thin strips of wood from the pouch at his side.

I create a potal in front of him, transposting him into a hollow tree that he can't break out of. Then, Raedon creates an illusion of the vampire coming towards us so the females still think he is there. They appear from almost thin air above the illusion, slicing through it. It dissipates, making them screech and sniff for the offending party.

Of course, that is when they catch our scent. The first female whips her brown-haired head around, showing us her silver-rimmed hazel eyes and sharp white fangs as her partner, a red head who seems to be more rational and has gold-rimmed gray eyes, turns a little slower. The brunette jumps, seemingly disappearing as she uses her super speed to breach the gap between us.

I smirk, causing her to falter, which gives me the slightest moment to hit her with a palm of air, throwing her backwards into her partner. They both wail as they fall from the tree. I grab Raedon and teleport to the bottom of the tree we are in.  The vampires are both standing again, the ginger throwing a obsidian dagger at us.

SHIT!! I think as I yank Raedon out of the way, barely dodging the deadliest thing on this planet to us. Obsidian, because of it's properties, can not be affected by magic, stops anyone who comes into contact with it from using magic, and if it touches a witch's bloodstream, their natural magic abilities cease to exist.

I conjure a fireball and throw it at them. They both dodge it, using their super speed to get to the next tree. Raedon, make three clones of yourself. I will take care of the rest. Raedon conjures three copies of himself. I transport back to Rayna and Jaexon, grabbing five stakes, before returning to Raedon, giving him and each of his illusions a stake.