Chapter 14

Hey my little matches!!! Just wanted to let you know that I will be doing as much writing as I can in the coming days as I have recently gotten a lot of inspiration. (You guys have Tis-but-a-fleshwound to thank for that 😁) I will have an author's note at the end of this chapter, please forgive me lol. Also, Happy Holidays to those who are already celebrating your respective holidays. Now, it's time for me to start cooking up the next chapter. So enjoy this song from a friend and a pic of my favorite holiday! Love y'all :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFTER THE AMBUSH: RAEDON'S POV

"LUKAS!!!!!!!" I scream, running towards him as his body collapses. The girl who ambushed him disappeared as quickly as she appeared. I look around, seeing everyone else run over once the golems they were fighting crumble.

"How is he, Raedon?" Jaexon asks as I cradle Lukas closer to my chest, praying to Terrak he will be alright. Cymberly waves her hand over him, letting a sigh of relief out before speaking. "He's alive. His blood is flowing normally, so I am going to see if I can get him concious." She waves her hand again, and I feel Lukas stirring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lukas?" Who the hell is Lukas?

"Lukas, baby, can you hear me? Are you okay?" Whoever Lukas is, the person asking sure sounds worried. I am going to open my eyes to see if I can help them.

As I slowly open my eyes, I could only gasp at the beautiful face above mine, holding me close to him. "Wow..." slips from my mouth before I can stop it. He stares at me for a second before he inhales deeply.

"Wow?! Lukas, you just dropped like a tree after being cut after that girl ambushed you! What the fuck do you mean 'WOW?!'" The glowing man above me rages out. I hadn't even realized I had flinched until he squeezed me against him harder, making it so I could feel the heavy shifts of his chest. He breathed out a small "I'm sorry" as he continued to take labored breaths.

Instead of responding to him, I blurt out my own mini-rant. "Who is Lukas? What girl? What ambush? Who are all of you? What are are we doing here? Why are you holding me?" The questions fly out of my mouth, making all the eyes that were on me widen. Once I'm finished, all mouths drop and one or two of the people fall to their knees, as if they had lost a loved one. I look at the man, who I noticed is only shining because of the sun behind his head, to see his reaction. He stares at me with hope, as if I'll start answering my questions myself.

"P-please tell m-me you're joking?" A blonde woman on my side not shoved into the guy holding me stutters out as tears collect in the corners of her eyes. I shake my head, causing her to turn as she chokes back a sob. I feel something wet hit my cheek, subconciously reach up and touch it, then look for the source. I see the man above me is holding back sobs.

Instinctively, and stupidly, I reach up and touch his face, gently wiping the tear with my thumb. He flinches away from my hand, before clutching me harder to make sure I can't run. I pull my hand to my chest, hurt more than clear on my face. I may not remember him, but ouch, that really hurt. 

I turn my head towards the others. "Can someone answer my questions please? If I don't get some answers, I am going to start running." I say clearly, making sure to add the end in hopes of pushing SOMEONE to answer. One guy in the group, the only one who seems to be somewhat collected steps towards where myself and my handsome captor are.

"My name is Dravus. I am one of your friends. Your name is Lukas. You are dear to everyone here in some way shape or form." Before he can continue, I raise my hand in a signal that could only mean stop. He stops with his mouth open, closing it and waiting for me to speak.