Chapter 40

Salaam.
Chapter 40?? Masha Allah... In just about 2 months 😁
No time to waste.
Let's get on with it.

************************************

"You are back early. Where's Naima?" Zain eyes were full of hope.

Tawfiq didn't even know how to tell him about what happened. On their way back, he just sat quietly in the car and he was grateful to Habiba who didn't ask or say anything.

"She didn't come with us." Tawfiq answered. He couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Why not?" Zain furrowed his eyebrows.

"She said she doesn't want to go back." Habiba answered for Tawfiq when he failed to say anything.

"What do you mean by she doesn't want to go back?" Zain was getting confused.

"Just what it means. She doesn't want to go back.... At least she doesn't want to go back with me." Tawfiq muttered the last part to himself but Zain heard him.

"So that's it?! We are all just going to go back and leave her all alone with Karim here?"

"I wouldn't leave if I knew she was f*cking alone. She mysteriously has a twin brother no one knew about and I also have a daughter I just f*cking met! I don't have time for this. I'm going to bed. You can see yourselves out. " Tawfiq snapped at them.

He didn't know why he got angry at Zain who was just trying to clarify stuff. He left the living room of his hotel suite with shocked expressions on both Zain and Dean's face.

Habiba would explain what happened back there, at least what she witnessed. He wasn't going to do that any time soon. He wasn't going to feel anymore. Because he would just get hurt. He wouldn't be able to heal.

He didn't say anything but he couldn't handle it anymore. He was trying so much not to hate Naima. Trying so much to understand her reasons but it was easier said than done.

No one had hurt him this much before and it would take years to get over the fact. He sat on the floor by his bed and placed his head on his knees.

He wasn't crying. Not anymore.
He didn't know how long he stayed there but he looked up when he felt someone by him. It was Habiba. She didn't say anything at first but after a while, she placed her head on his shoulder.

"No matter what, I will always be there for you." She mumbled and wrapped her hands around him.

She didn't have to say anything. He already knew that.

~

"N? Are you okay?" Naim asked her. She was still on the floor since Tawfiq left.

"I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing this for Karim and Daneen. Tell me I'm doing the right thing, Naim." Naima cradled herself as she kept on repeating the same thing over and over again.

"You need to get a hold of yourself. You already did what you thought was best for you and the kids. I can't tell you that it was the best decision ever made but it was your decision. Anything that happens after that, you have to be strong enough to deal with it. " Naim said sincerely.

"I didn't want to hurt him. I'm sure he hates me already." Naima cried out.

"Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter. He is surely hurt but I'm sure he will understand you." Naim added.

"Karim will never forgive me. I took away his father." Naima continued crying.

"You can fix that. Let them see each other. Let Karim decide for himself. He's old enough. Give him the power to decide for himself. He will be grateful for that." Naim shrugged.
Naima shook her head.