A m n e s i a

NOTE: JENNI IS NO LONGER A RED HEAD WOMAN

      j a m e s p o v ;

      sometimes i want to wake up and try not to remember the first time i met jennifer but the memories won't seem to escape my mind. as i lay down and turn over for sleep, the rustling of leaves quickly bring me back to that day. i could never forget her beauty and pure innocence. i just wish I could've seen passed that.

****

            back to the day ;  

          that day, instead of my usual cloistering, I decided to go out and embrace the rest of the day. It was windy apparently because of the leaves I heard blowing outside, so I decided i would take a walk through the park. I pulled myself out of bed and got dressed, zipping up my hoodie. once I reached outside and down the steps, a butterfly had found its way onto my shoulder but before i could pet it, it flew away; butterflies are so pretty yet hard to grasp. after it had flew away, i found myself looking up at the sky, and i noticed the light grey clouds covering the beautiful blue sky and blocking out the warm rays of the sun. I thought it was a sign of rain maybe but it didn't bother me, so before walking through the park I thought I'd buy a newspaper.

       while i steadily walked and read through it did i later found myself engulfed in it and hadn't notice i had been sitting on the park bench reading for a long time. when I heard the rustling of the trees, it had woken me up fully but soon after the wind started to pick up, so i began to fold up my paper. after i rose from the bench my paper began floating behind me. i was turned around for a split second to possibly try to retrieve it but all of a sudden i felt a small bump on my leg. thus i let my paper go, and I turned around and saw a small child had ran into me by accident; she was cutest little girl. she wasn't caucasian like me but possibly african american, but very fair skinned. the child also had curly, golden locks following green eyes but with reflection of blue. 

it seemed after she bumped into me that she had dropped her ice cream cone, because i noticed she had chocolate painted all over her mouth. she merely glanced up at me innocently and then back behind her. and i too and notice her mother rushing right over; whom was very pretty and small as well, or petite rather. but she didn't have curly hair as her daughter just wavy and tied up in a ponytail; even then she was beautifully childlike. i couldn't look away, because she was so young looking as opposed to me because of rugged beard. suddenly i felt a tug on my pants and i glance down and the little girl was teethed smiling innocently.

"i'm sorry." her tiny voice said.

"hmm?" i responded.

"oh, please excuse my daughter, she gets away from me sometimes." her mom said apologetically.

"oh, don't mention it. accidents happen."

she smiled graciously and nods and pulls her daughter close to her. they're so perfect and i'm still not sure if this is happening but i'll see if they keep talking. but from the looks of it she seems a bit eager to walk away.

"mommy?" the little girl looks at her mom and then at me, "daddy?"

"no, no sweetie. i'm sorry she has this thing about-"

"about strangers?"

"no, just about a man in general. she thinks every man she meets should be or is her daddy."

"awe. well then can i at least introduce myself?"

"yes, that might help."

i bent down to the little girls' stance and she was doing the cutest thing, she had her fingers in her mouth which showed off her teeth. her eyes were looking directly into mine as if she had read into them. i lend out my hand, after rolling up my sleeves, but she just looks at it and her mom gives me the okay to take her hand instead. i grab three of her fingers on her other hand with my index finger and thumb her and just move her small hand up and then back down. she smiles and knew we were acquainted.

"daddy?" she asks again.

"no. no, i'm james."

"james, daddy?" she questioned and glanced up at her mom.

"jordan, no! his name is just james." she said impatiently.

"jordan, now that's a nice name. it's nice to meet you."

"no." jordan states pouting. she began backing away closer to her and her mom stumbled a little. then jordan began to rub her eyes and her lip began to quiver.

"oh, baby don't cry. i'm sorry. it-it was nice meeting you, james."

she picked her up and jordan held her mom around her neck then sniffled.

she wanted to leave. i can't let them get away. what could i do? before she walks away i did something i didn't think i'd do. i quickly but gently pull jordan from her mothers grasp and held her the same way, just consoling her; she suddenly stopped crying. then thusly she just held onto the back of my neck tightly and comfortably.

"james." she says sweetly and her mom doesn't look upset but amazed at how well her child quickly adjusted. i just smiled happily and she mouths, 'thank you.' from that moment on i knew me being with them would be thanks enough.

"can we start over?" i asked.

"yes. hi, i'm jennifer. it's nice to meet you." she extended out her hand as i had after.

"hi jennifer, and i'm james. it's a pleasure to meet you too."

"i'm sorry I didn't mean to take her from you like that."

"no, its fine, you're a natural. I know she appreciates it more that you think."

"thank you. it's my first time."

"oh, really? you've never-?"

"well, no I have, it's just been awhile since-"

"since what?"

"not what, who. i lost my wife and daughter."

"i'm so sorry."

"me too."

****

after we got acquainted officially, the roaring of thunder soon surround us and the water that would soon fall from the sky would be the least of my worries; that very water would be the fateful thing that changed Jennifer's life and my life forever...

 l.u.9.2

HMM IDK IF THIS FITS BUT ITS WHAT IVE HAD TYPED FOR AWHILE SO THERE YOU GO. THANKS FOR READING C: UMM THE NEXT PART WILL INCLUDE DEXTER AND JENNIFER. Otherwise I'll just be working on Buried Secrets, editing etc.