five

[ R I S I N G ]

➣ [ R I S I N G ] ➣

- ➣ -

"ARYA"

"Arya wake up" Arya groaned and buried her face into what ever she was laying on.

"C'mon kiddo. Get up." Dean spoke, pulling her away from what she was resting on.

"Fine I'm up." Arya grumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Where are we?"

"We're stopping for a while" Jack said. Arya mumbled a small 'ok' and got out of the Impala. She grabbed a bag from the trunk and followed after the brothers with Jack on her heels. When they finally reached the room Arya sat the bag next to one of the windows and stretched her arms.

"Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." Sam said, closing the door. Arya nodded, watching as Jack turned on the small TV and smiled.

"It's wonderful." Arya laughed a little at his child like behavior not aware that she had gotten Jack's attention as she sat on the couch.

"Hey. No" Dean spoke, picking up the remote and chuckling a little at what was on then returning to his stoic face.

"But -"

"No. All right? So why don't you go over there? Sit down and read a book" Dean tossed the Bible to Jack who sat next to Arya. "We're out of here in a few hours."

"Don't mind Dean. He's grumpy." Arya reassured Jack as the brothers set off to get food.

"He's very grumpy then." Jack said, opening the book starting to read. They didn't speak for a while until the girl yawned, stretched again, and leaned back on the couch. "Are you still tired?"

"Hmm? Oh..I'll be fine." Arya smiled gently.

"You can sleep if you want. You slept on my shoulder on the way here. Was that comfortable?" Jack asked, leaning back. Arya's cheeks flared red.

"Um..it was..fine" she said looking back at the book in Jack's lap. Jack smiled at her flustered expression and turned back to the book, leafing through it oblivious to what his innocent question had caused.

When Sam and Dean came back with the food they found Arya by the window, far away from Jack who was still on the couch.

"What did you get?" Arya said, shooting up from her spot, thankful for the new company. Not that she didn't enjoy Jack's company it was just...odd. She wanted to sit next to him and talk to him about everything, but she was confused and scared of why this was happening so she chose to push it away. And, of course, it wasn't working.

"The usual." Sam shrugged, handing Arya a bag.

"You okay?" Dean asked her, eyeing Jack.

"I'm fine Dean." Arya said pursing her lips into a small line. Dean only huffed in response.