The Eleventh Hour (Part 3)

The Doctor couldn't believe it

     The Doctor couldn't believe it. The beautiful, angel girl that was holding his hand, making his breath catch in his throat, was Annabeth Pond, the little girl that he broke a promise to. He blamed his lack of breath on the fact that the three of them had been running for 10 minutes straight but noticed Annabeth wasn't fazed. The Doctor frowned slightly as he felt the roughness of the scar on Annabeth's palm rub against him, through a haze he reminded himself to ask her about it once they're alone.

     They finally reached the little village Beth had grown to hate. Nothing ever happened. When she was at school, she dreamed of a beautiful village, with happy people where nothing happened. She dreamed of the repetition of a normal life. And for a year, she had it and she hated it after a week. Deep down, she was loving this whole 'Prisoner Zero' thing, she would never admit it to her sister.

      Beth knew love was a weakness, that's what she was taught, she laughed when Amy told her she had a boyfriend earning her silent treatment for a week, but when she looked in the Doctor's eyes, her heart flipped, her breath stopped and her palms became sweaty, fair to say she hated it. She barely knew the Doctor and yet she felt safer and more comfortable around him than anyone else in a long time but she knew she shouldn't feel that way so she locked it away, not breaking the smokescreen she a put up the day the Doctor left.

       The Doctor stopped in the middle of a path, pulling Beth to a stop also and Amy runs up behind them, "You're Amelia and Annabeth," He pointed out,

      "You're late," Beth snapped back, not annoyed at him just doing what she always does when she likes someone slightly, push them away. She slipped her hand out and began walking again,

     Amy continued to walk with her sister but the Doctor ran up to them and slipped his hand into Beth's, missing the warmth it gave him, causing her to stop, "Amelia and Annabeth Pond. You're the little girl," He gasped in awe.

     Beth rolled her eyes, and continued to walk once again her hand reluctantly left his, "I'm Amelia, that's Annabeth and you're late," Her sister snapped,

     "What happened?" He asked, walking in between them and peered at the both of them,

     "Twelve years," Beth answered and the Doctor snapped his head to her,

     "You hit me with a baseball bat," He suddenly realised, even though he should have been mad - he was slightly impressed,

      Beth scoffed, "Twelve years," She echoed,

     "A baseball bat," He shouted again placing his hand on his forehead where a bump was forming slightly,