The Beast Below (Part 1)

Beth watched as the Doctor held onto her sister while she floated in space, her red hair trailing above her

When my sister and I were seven, we had an imaginary friend. Last night was the night before her wedding... 

     "Come on, Pond," The Doctor called, pulling her back down to the TARDIS causing the Doctor to be squished into the middle, Beth on his left and Amy on his right. 

... and our imaginary friend came back.

     They all laugh as Amy stares into space in shock, "Now do you believe me?" The Doctor asked, his childish grin lighting up his face,

     Amy nodded, wetting her throat due to it being wide open for so long, before turning to the Doctor, "Okay, your box is a spaceship. It's really, really a spaceship," Amy then leaned further out the TARDIS before shouting, "We are in space. Whoo!" Beth laughed, enjoying the happier Amy, as she ran her thumb along the side of the doorway, "What are we breathing?" Amy asked quickly before inhaling heavily, finally realising her breathing pattern.

     The Doctor laughed, leaning back out the TARDIS before looking up, "I've extended the air shell, we're fine," His eyes then landed on something below them and he grabbed Beth's hand as he knelt down, bringing her with him.

     She giggled as she sat beside him before her eyes landed on what the Doctor had seen, her mouth hung open, "Now, that's interesting," The Doctor gasped, squeezing Beth's hand, though neither of them bothered to move their hands, Amy glanced at it with a little smirk.

     Below them, floating in space, was an entire city, lit up with many different colours of artificial light. Before Beth could watch it for too long, the Doctor dragged her back to the controls, not letting go of her hand as he shouts, "29th century. Solar flares roast the Earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves," The Doctor finally let go of Beth's hand, pointing to her to pull the lever and push the buttons, helping him control the TARDIS, "Whole nations..." The Doctor continued to ramble,

     Amy, however, interrupted him, "Doctor? Beth?"

     "... migrating to the stars," The Doctor continued, not noticing Amy interrupting him, Beth, however, stopped her movements and turned to Amy, or where Amy was supposed to be.

     "Doctor?" Amy tried again, though the continued to run around the controls,

     "Isn't it amazing?" He rambled again, his joyfulness clouding his mind,

     "Doctor," Beth shouted, finally getting through to him as though the spell had been broken, he turned around and followed her as she slowly walked to the door.