Evening walk

Sherlock had been minding Rosie for John while he went to work. He found himself enjoying the time spent with the little girl. Sherlock unsurprisingly didn't know the first thing about children but none the less managed to take care of her with some helpful phone calls to molly. "Molly thank you again and I'm still sorry for what happened back when I met Euros, I'll make it up to you some day, I promise" he said with the phone in one hand and a diaper in the other. "Sherlock I understand now and I forgive you, don't worry about it, I'm glad to help" she said and hung up.

When John finally returned from work he walked in to see Sherlock sitting on the ground in front of Rosie. "Sher, Sher why is the sky blue?" She asked and John stood in the doorway. "Well there's these things in the air that make the light from the sun look blue" Sherlock explained in a sweet voice. "Wow that was simpler then I expected" John remarked. "Well She is just over 2 years old, I'm not going to go into detail" he replied. "Let's just hope she doesn't ask you how we get days and nights" said jokingly. They dropped her downstairs to Ms Hudson and then got a cab.

"Where are we going?" John asked looking out the window. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you" Sherlock simply replied. John reached for his phone and texted Ms Hudson to check on her and Rosie. "John, Rosie will be fine with Ms Hudson" Sherlock reassured him. Soon enough they arrived at Molly's house. They walked up to the door and Sherlock pulled out a key. "Where did you get that?" John asked. "She gave it to me" he simply replied then opened the door. They walked in and John flicked on the light. "SURPRISE" people shouted and they came out from behind furniture.

"How did you know?" He asked while looking at everyone. "It was really mike, I was talking to him because I wanted to plan something special for you, he told me your birthday was soon so I planed this party!" Sherlock explained. "Thank you Sherlock" John said and pulled him in for a big hug. "Well I have to see a man about a cake" Sherlock said before disappearing into the crowd. "Happy Birthday John" Greg said cheerfully as he handed him a drink. "Thanks, glad you could make it" John said back before taking a sip. "He even put the right name when he invited me, he's a good one, I'll give him that" Greg added before turning back to talk to someone else.

"Molly, hi thanks for coming, I can't believe Sherlock did this" John said with a smile. "Actually, this is my house so I technically didn't come" she said with a laugh. "Thank you for letting us use your place" John said. "John can I talk to you in the kitchen?" Sherlock asked after tapping him on the shoulder. John nodded and walked behind Sherlock into the beautiful Kitchen. He lead him over to the counter and showed him a small cake. It had white frosting on top that was poorly spread and underneath the edges were burnt. "Well I wanted to surprise you so I made a small cake for you but if it didn't work there's still a good cake for all the guests" Sherlock said a bit nervously. "Wow, thanks Sherlock that was very nice of you" John replied. They both took a slice of the cake and John made a note to avoid the burnt edge. "Mhm this is great thanks Sherlock" he added after finishing.

"Well you better get back out there, this is for you after all" Sherlock said after they had talked alone for a while. "You're right, see you out there" John said back and walked back out to everyone. Once everyone left they helped Molly collect all the wine glasses and then said goodbye. "Thanks again Molly" John said. "No problem, bye John, bye Sherlock" she said with a wave. The sky was already getting dark as the crimson sun lowered in the sky. "Well we have another hour before we're supposed to pick up Rosie, would you like to go for a walk?" Sherlock asked "there's this park around the corner that's supposed to be nice". "You set this all up didn't you?" John asked and Sherlock just gave a smirk.

As they walked Sherlock seemed lost in thought. "Sherlock you haven't said a word in ages, are you thinking about a case?" John asked. "No, something more important then a case" Sherlock responded as he looked over to John and their eyes met. "John, What are we?" Sherlock asked taking a step closer making them only centimetres apart. "Sherlock.....what do you....what do you want us to be" John said back. "I want to be with you but...I don't...I've never been in a relationship before" Sherlock replied. "Well you can't say that anymore" John said. Sherlock face lit up and he leaned in and softly kissed John.

When they arrived back to 221B Baker Street they found Ms Hudson happily taking care of Rosie. "Oh she is darling, I never had kids, didn't think it wise with the business my husband was in" Ms Hudson remarked mainly to herself. "Thank you for minding her" John said and picked her up. "Hi Rosie, miss me?" He said in a baby voice. "Here Ms Hudson" Sherlock said slipping her some money. "Oh you know I don't need that" she said pushing it back. "We insist" John said with a smile. "Oh you two, best thing that ever happened to this street" she said. "I don't think the neighbours would agree" John murmured. "Well we better get you to bed shouldn't we?" John said playfully to Rosie. "Goodnight Ms Hudson" Sherlock said as they left closing the door behind them.