Chapter Five: Dawn.

The streets were deserted and dull. used newspapers flew around lazily with the wind, tumbling over Ethan's shoes. The sky was navy. Ethan had a discussion inside his mind whether it would be safe to enter the dorms or wait outside until morning and give an excuse of milk collection.

His room-mate, Daisaku was fast asleep in his bed, cuddled up with pillows and fluffy blankets. Ethan grinned and helped himself for a rare memorial of this moment. He lowered his phone over the sleeping boy's face. And flash, it was saved onto his phone. Staring silently at the picture for some few moment or two, he set his phone on the side table, flopping dramatically onto the mattress. Ethan let out a violent groan.

Daisaku stirred. 

Ethan turned onto his back, glancing up toward the ceiling. it looked like dry, cracked parchment. His fingers drummed on the timber, his mind going through what he'd just been through mere twenty minutes ago. It was foolish of him to have leapt into the tray, he thought. But his encounter with the Asahi brothers and their reaction was even more foolish. 

He wondered if Mason would storm into his class room and give him a good beating. Ethan's features saddened, and his body gave a instinctive shudder. His clothes and shirt were sodden, thanks to the sweat that spilled when he was tied to the chair with a skipping rope. Not only just that, but a loaf of bread was shoved into his mouth just for a silent victim. It was quite delicious, he thought. Jam and butter creamed into every corner, sprinkled with corn flakes. If only they gave him more. 

During this endless train of thought, Ethan's vision darkened. And soon, he was asleep, ignorant of what would happen today. 

Dawn proceeded, and Daisaku woke up, and stretched his arms. 

"Wake up, Ethan. Its first light."

Ethan snored. 

Daisaku sighed, and walked over to Ethan's bed, picking the boy up and dragging him over to the bathroom to brush Ethan's teeth.