Chapter 2 - Neighbors?!

(Teacher talking in the background)

Huh... Ruth is so annoying sometimes. For some reason that "You crush him" bullshit really got to me...

I was having Maths at the moment. Let's just say that I hate it and I'm not very good at it.

-------
(bell ringing)
As soon as the bell rang I got up and bolted out of the class. Such an annoying one!!!

I didn't know who to hang out with in this break... Because it was lunch break and I didn't feel like spending that much time with Ruth at the moment.
That's when I remembered... Hannah is at the school!!!

I immediately call her after that thought.
(phone calling)
Come on, come on.

"Hey Phil, what's up ?" said a feminine voice on the other end of the line. It was her.

"Hey Han, what are you up too?"

"Not much, everyone is going home"

"That's perfect, can you be with me during the break?" I sounded way too happy about that, but oh well.

"Yeah sure, where are you" She said laughing, probably because of my reaction.

"I'm at the entrance"

"Kay, meet you in 2 minutes"

"Ok, bye"

(phone call ends)

I was so happy because I wouldn't have to deal with Ruth's BS, and boy talks...
For some reason, me and Han have been bonding recently, I consider her a really close friend.
But on the other hand, me and Ruth have grown distant during the summer, she wouldn't call me nor text me, when Han would... She was probably just too busy making out with someone different everyday...

"Hey! Phil right?" said a masculine voice behind me.

When I turned around, there he was. Carl.

"Hey, yeah" I was internally screaming

"Have you seen Ruth? I needed to talk to her."

"I haven't seen her since the last break. Do you want me to tell her something?" Fuck, why did I say that... He's gonna think I'm a creep that wants to know everything...

"Yeah, tell her to meet me at 4 behind the gym"

"Hum... sure" I said with a (kind of) disgusted look on my face.

"Thank you, see ya" he said and left.

Why were they going behind the gym? And most importantly, why didn't Ruth tell me that they were probably having a thing?

"Hey Phil!!!!" Said a feminine voice, getting me out of my own head. It was Han!

"Hey Han!" I said jumping a little bit because she kind of scared me.

"Are you ok?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Yeah, why?" I asked kind of nervous, because I was not ok, but I don't like to share feelings, so there's that.

"I don't know, you just kind of looked lost in your thoughts, and we both know when that happens it's never for a good reason!"

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. What about lunch?" I said changing the subject

"Oh yeah. I know this amazing Italian restaurant two blocks away, let's go!"

------
It was 5pm and I was walking home after hanging out with Hannah.
My house is about 3 miles away from my school, but when I have a lot on my mind, it seems to help to just walk.

" Hey Phil!" I would recognize that deep voice anywhere. Carl

" Hey" I replied.

"Are you walking home?" he asked.

"Yes, it's about two minutes away now" I said. I don't know how, but I managed too pull myself together.

"Well that's funny, mine's also around two minutes away..." he said.

"Funny coincidence"

"I'll take you to yours, just because it's almost night time" he said

"Carl, you don't have too, really"

"Just to make sure" he said giving a reassuring smile.

"OK you win" I said laughing, at least on the outside, cause I was dead nervous.

(after a few minutes)

"It's here" I said

"Really? Well this is what I call a coincidence!" he said laughing

"Why is that?" I asked

"See that house across the street" he said pointing to a beautiful house.

I nodded.

"It's my house!"
________________________

HEYYYY!
It feels so good to be writing again!
I hope you guys like this chapter, because it's the starting point to a lot of things. And keep in mind, this was just the first day of school 😂

Love you all, see ya in the next chapter.