Chapter 8: Recover

His eyes were open. He knew they were: he could feel them open. Everything was still dark, though. He moved his body around and felt something soft. He was probably on a bed of some sort. But who would-

Wait.

What had happened? He had died. He had died!

His breathing quickened. His eyes darted left and right but it was still black everywhere he looked. He tried to get up from where he laid.

"Gah!"

He had forgot what happened to his right hand. As soon as he applied pressure to it, an intense pain surged through his wrist. He fell back onto the soft surface.

"Nayru's Love, you're awake."

It was a voice, a little deeper than Link's. Footsteps rushed towards where he lay.

"Just lay down. Try to be calm. Just... just hold on."

The quick steps rushed away. The sound of clinking bottles and rustling bags followed. The footsteps returned to Link.

"Just stay down. It'll be easier for— Oh Hylia, your eyes... Can you see anything?"

Link shook his head no.

"Guess that makes sense, 'cause both of them are black."

Link let out a sharp exhale through his nose.

"I wouldn't worry though, I bet it'll clear in a few minutes... hopefully. Just keep them closed right now."

Link obeyed and closed his eyes. It then sounded like the man had sat down next to Link on the ground.

"I can't guarantee this will heal everything," a bottle popped open, "but it's the best I can do right now."

Link heard the very familiar sound of a fairy fly around him. It started at his head and flew down the rest of his body. The heat from his face instantly vanished as well as some of the pain inside his body. He then tried to move his right hand around.

It was fine.

It still hurt a little, but Link could easily move his hand, fingers, and wrist. He tried to get up again.

"Woah woah woah," Link felt two hands gently push down on him. "Take some time to recover. Just... just stay down a little more. You're safe here" The man sighed.

"So, you're really the hero?" He said it more like a statement

Link nodded.

"You're Link?"

He nodded again.

"The one who sealed Ganon away?"

Link shrugged and nodded. "Zelda helped," he quietly said.

"Wait. The princess sealed Ganon away, too?"

A nod.

"Huh... they don't know that," the voice muttered. "I can't imagine what that must've been like."

A silence followed.

"Did you really die all that time ago?"

Link nodded. He began to become curious about his situation. This man had obviously saved him. Who was he though? Was he a Yiga? How else could he have been in the hideout? He sounded like he was the same age, he wasn't completely sure.

"Really? You were asleep for 100 years? With no memory at all?"

A nod.

"You did everything with no memory?"