Chapter 13: Sheikah Dungeon

Link descended deeper into the seemingly endless hole. After every step down the ladder the air became colder, and he began to feel mist around him. It was completely silent except for his feet stepping down and hands gripping the ladder.

Eventually, his foot hit solid ground. Wet ground, but ground nonetheless. It was a shallow puddle water, though he couldn't entirely see it in the darkness. In the distance he could hear rushing water. He threw his hood over his head and followed the sound down a long hallway. He could feel the mist hit his face as he ventured forward - his feet splashing on the ground.  He could see a faint light at the end of the hall. The farther he walked, the brighter it became.

After a while, the walls opened up into an enormous circular room. The walls were made up of roots that twisted and weaved with each other while keeping the dirt behind them from flowing out. There were four large gray stone columns, similar to the ones Link had seen in some of the shrines. The floor was made of stone as well but had intricate Sheikah-esque design that shone the signature light blue, making the shallow water covering it glow. At the back of the room were three waterfalls: an enormously wide one in the middle, the other two on the sides of it.

——————SHEIKAH DUNGEON——————

Link took his hood off and slowly walked towards the center of the room.

"So, you're finally here."

It was the young voice again. Link turned around to see a beautiful young woman standing in the entrance. She wore the same clothes as Paya, and had a striking resemblance with her. Her white hair was pulled back under her big straw hat. A part of her bangs came down and touched her right eyebrow. Her eyes were somewhere between brown and red. She was surrounded by little puffs of blur fire and appeared to be floating on top of the water.

It was Impa.

She was absolutely stunning.

Link just stared at her. It was jarring to see the once old and wrinkled Impa so young and full of life.

"I was pretty good looking 100 years ago, huh?" she joked.

Link instinctively got down on one knee, soaking his trousers.

"Oh, Link. There's no need for that. Get up."

Link embarrassedly got up off the wet ground and looked at her face illuminated by the ground.

"Ironically, I'll be bowing to you soon enough," she said smiling.

Link raised his eyebrow. Impa laughed. She began to walk towards him.

"This is the Sheikah Dungeon," she began. "Long ago, before the Calamity struck and all was well in Hyrule, Purah and I would come down here and do whatever we wanted: train, experiment, talk. It was our little hideaway. When we first discovered it it was just a room—no waterfalls. It was Purah's idea to use the water from above and stream it down underground. She said it added flavor. No one knows of its existence even to this day." She paused. "Well, not anymore, obviously."

She had finally met Link in the middle of the room.

"Although, it wasn't always a dungeon. One day Purah brought some Guardian parts down here to experiment. I suggested she do it at her lab but she insisted it be down here. I foolishly let her. Day after day she brought more parts down and began building. She eventually had a full working Guardian. They were still on our side back then, of course. She began making modifications to it and made it even stronger than the ones above land." She grew silent and looked at Link in his blue eyes.

"Then the Calamity struck."

Link began to feel a rumbling in the room. Ripples began to form in the shallow water. Impa sighed.