Chapter 1: The Claudius Family

Chapter One – The Claudius Family

“Mother…” My voice was muffled by my mother’s fleshy bosoms. She was hugging me as she sobbed uncontrollably.

“What is this? Why did it hurt?” I asked her once I finally freed my face from her racks that were smothering me breathless. The pain had finally subsided, after what felt like eons. Helga had comforted me all the way. 

She pulled back and stared at me as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“Does it still hurt?” She enquired as her teal blue eyes that had black streaks, an odd combination if you asked me, stared directly at mine. Her honey blonde hair was braided neatly to the side, the ends pricking the back of my neck.

I shook my head in response.

The sight of her hair close to mine, reminded me once again of the staggering contrast of the shades of our hair. My hair was platinum blonde, an extremely light shade that was even comparable to white under the sun.

She looked much older than she did a few minutes earlier, the reason for that I couldn’t fathom. Words weren’t needed for me to convey to her the pain I had felt earlier on. What I couldn’t understand was that she was now acting like her own personal Armageddon had befallen upon her.

“Whatever did we do for you to deserve this?” She choked on her own words.

I was baffled by her question. She wanted to say more but her whimpering made it impossible. She stood up, attempted to pull her skin-tight dress lower, the dress itself was made from the hides of a wild bear, and walked over to the window.

“I’m back!” A boisterous voice echoed through our house, along with the heavy shuffling of footsteps.

Within a second, a tall man with a bulky build now stood in our small living room, greeting me with his trademark lopsided grin, my father, Vasilio. He unbuckled his belt that held his swords, and laid it down neatly on the table, all the while with a quizzical look on his face.

“Nushka, what’s wrong with your mom?” My father addressed me with my moniker, and nodded his head towards where Helga, my mother, stood staring outside the window with a blank expression on her face. By now, the pain was non-existent.

I wanted to let her know that nothing was wrong anymore.

I sat myself down comfortably in a chair, and applied some ice cold water on the spot of my left thigh. I observed the area, baffled at how there wasn’t a hole in my thigh, or at least, burnt skin. The coldness of the water was nice against my skin. Vasilio had walked over to Helga, and shamelessly groped her butt.

“Oh my god.” I groaned. “Go to your room, please.” I begged them.

After so long, I am still not used to this. Me always catching glimpses of my parents displaying their hormonal acts openly, and in front of their own daughter.

Yes, I was glad that they loved each other very much. But there’s only so much an adolescent girl like me could handle. My name is Lenushka Claudius, and I have extraordinary parents, one that people would envy, at least when their hormones aren’t raging, named Helga and Vasilio Claudius.

My father merely winked at me in response, the lack of reaction in Helga was beginning to upset him.

“What’s wrong, honey?” I heard him ask my mother.

Helga cupped her small face using Vasilio’s calloused hands, and stared intently at him. It was awkward for her to be in such a depressing mood. Hence, I continued to eavesdrop on their conversation, wanting to find out for myself the reason for my mother’s mood.