≋5≋

I wake up the next morning to the sound of my phone ringing

And naturally, in the disoriented state I'm in, floating in the realms of my subconsciousness, the first thought I have is –

Namjoon's calling me.

So I blindly reach out for my phone, sliding the screen and bringing it up to my ear. "Namjoon?"

"Who's Namjoon?"

Oh crap.

"Dad?"

"Hwarin, honey, did you just wake up? I'm sorry, I thought you'd be awake already. Should I call later?"

"Oh no, it's okay, I was just getting up." I sit up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. It's five to nine, and I have a class in an hour. "I have class though."

"Well, I just wanted to check up on you, since you must be settled in by now, yeah?"

"Yeah, Hawaii's beautiful. I love it here."

"You must have made lots of new friends already, haven't you? Such as this Namjoon guy."

"Oh, yeah, Namjoon, he's...yeah, I've made lots of friends. It's great," I wonder out of the bedroom, noticing that Cammie has already left, leaving nothing but a sticky note for me that says that she went to the gym. Damn, girl, so fit.

"Well, I won't keep you long. I'm at work but I just thought I'd give you a quick call. Your mother will call you later when she gets home."

"How about Jaehwa? Has she been enjoying the fact that I'm not there?"

My father laughs. "Your sister sleeps in your room sometimes, actually."

"Of course she does," I sigh. She'll probably even move into my room completely by the time I get back. "Anyways, I have to go take a shower and get ready. It was nice hearing your voice again, Dad. I miss you and everyone."

"We miss you too, honey. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself there. I'm not going to tell you to eat because your mum will do plenty of that later, so for now I hope you have a good day."

"You too, Dad. Goodbye."

I hang up with a heavy heart, missing him already. The past three days have been hectic, what with Cammie showing me around and going to my first classes and meeting new people – meeting Namjoon. But talking to Dad now makes me realize that I am so far away from home, and that I am surrounded by strangers, not that it scares me but...I miss my family.

Hi! This is Namjoon. Are you free any time today?

I'm just about to leave the dorm when my phone lights up with a message from the first person I thought of this morning. The person I've been eager to see again.