≋6≋

I see him first

I see him first.

Sitting on the sand, scribbling away into a faux leather notebook, flip flops off, as well as something else. His shirt.

As I approach him from behind, the muscles of his back ripple beneath his smooth tanned skin as he turns a page, leaning back on one of his bicep-bulging arms, and that's when I decide to scare him.

"Hey, Kim Namjoon!"

That arm he depended so heavily on supporting his balance slides back, causing him to land on his back, staring up at me, a Korean girl with long wavy sienna brown hair and a long tropical dress that hugs her figure in all the right places. He smiles.

"Hwarin! Hey."

A slight sea breeze stirs the air, and I notice the way his almond shaped eyes reflect the blue skies above, the way his blond hair shimmers softly into curls of gold, the way he looks like an ethereal sea god despite being upside down...

"Sorry I scared you, I didn't think you'd..." I trail off with a giggle as he sits back up, brushing himself off, and I am momentarily distracted by the great expanse of his chest, with the faint outline of abs visible beneath the long necklace he wears with a shark tooth dangling from it.

"Oh, no!" he grabs his notebook, which has tumbled face first onto the sand, inches away from being swept into the ocean, and clutches it to his chest with a sigh of relief. "Phew, that was close."

"What's in it?" I plant myself beside him, leaning on my arm just as he did moments before, and he chuckles, flipping through the notebook.

"Oh, you know, just thoughts, drafts, random stuff," he closes the notebook, then turns to face me with a beam. "Nothing, really."

"I'm sure it's not nothing," I scoff with a playful grin. "Are you a writer or something?"

He shrugs. "I mean, I wouldn't call myself anything right now, but in the general sense of the word, as someone who writes, I suppose I could be considered a writer, yes."

I observe him with an amused smile. "You could've just said yes."

He laughs, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, I guess I could've. If you haven't noticed already, I talk a lot."

"Hm, I couldn't tell," I tease, triggering further laughter from him.

"I'm sorry, I'll try not to babble too much-"

"Oh, no," I interrupt him. "Babble is good. I like babble. Kim Namjoon," I shift my body to face him completely, "would you like to babble with me?"

His eyes sparkle. "It would be an honour to babble with you."

"Okay, let's go, then," I stand up, grabbing my bag. "Let's walk while we babble."

So as the sun sunk towards the sea, we strolled in its dwindling golden embrace, babbling and drabbling about anything and everything. Starting with where we left off.