≋7≋

The sun streams in through the window, bathing the hotel room in a heavenly glow

The sun streams in through the window, bathing the hotel room in a heavenly glow. Droplets of last night's rain twinkle like golden glitter on the glass, and a bird chirps a fruitful song on the balcony before fluttering away to join its comrades.

The angel in my bed stirs softly.

"Mmm, waffles," she inhales deeply with a closed eye smile, but the smile soon turns into a baffled frown as she slowly blinks her eyes open. "Waffles?"

I chuckle lightly at the expression of wonder and delight on her face when she sees the breakfast tray, sitting up in bed with the covers pooled at her hips as she takes in her surroundings. She gasps.

"Why am I here?"

"You don't remember?" I watch the memories flood through her features, and she offers me a smile.

"I remember," she flits her gaze down at her hands and I swear I see the trace of a blush on her honey coloured skin. "Thanks for taking me in. You could've just left me out in the rain, you know," a teasing gleam lights up her brown eyes.

"I know," I laugh. "But what kind of human being would that make me?"

"A pretty crappy one," she quips while climbing out of bed, long toned legs carrying her past me to the bathroom to fresh up before eating. I wait for her, sitting on the sofa and sipping my cup of coffee, heart beating fast, and not just because of the caffeine in my veins.

We kissed. And her kisses were like bursts of light on my lips, her skin smoother than caramel, her taste sweeter than honey.

And her taste lingered throughout the night as I listened to her fall asleep, only inches away from me, but I kept my distance. Gave her the space that I craved to fill, because things have only just begun.

Wonderful things.

"It's been so long since I've had waffles," she chatters as we eat, honey dripping from her lips, hair tumbling down to her hips. I stare at her for so long that half the honey of my waffle slips onto the plate and she points it out with a bubbling laugh while I swipe it up with an embarrassed laugh.

"You've gotta eat it quickly," she scolds teasingly. I smile.

"I'd rather savour it slowly."

"Ah, I see, you're the slow and steady type," her eyes glitter. "But you know, food doesn't last forever. You gotta eat it while it's still hot."

I nod, chewing and swallowing before answering with, "I suppose, however food still tastes good when it's cooled down. I mean, it's still food, right?"

"Right, of course, it's still food, but it's not as good as it used to be, you know? It's lost its original flavor," she argues.

"But you wouldn't throw it away just because of that though. Because you can still make it work. You can still revive the flavor," I say this pointedly, with a deeper meaning implied, and Hwarin stops chewing for a moment to scrutinize me.