Chapter 1

Kalista:

The sound of car horns wailing and screeching of tires causes me to jolt up from my sleep. I rub my eyes and groan as I get up, opening the curtain and letting the sun in. I bask in its warmth for a moment before looking out above National City.

I turn from the window and make myself a cup of coffee before getting showering and changing into a white button up blouse, a dark plum blazer and black skinny jeans. I slide my feet into some black broques and grab my coffee before making my way to the office.

I could hear the sound of someone rushing behind me, their breath panted as they spoke on the phone to someone.

"Yes, I'll need a ticket to the Broadway musical, Wicked. No, it's for Ms. Grant's mother. Yes, again. Also..." I step in front of her, realizing who she was immediately. I force an annoyed look when she bumps into me and I turn around, ready to unleash a verbal assault but when she looks me in the eye, her eyes go wide and she stands upright.

"Kalista?" She asks.

"Watch where you're going." I seethe before turning and walking quickly away from her. I could feel her staring at the back of my head and I turn a corner, disappearing from her view.

-----------

"Mrs. Peterson, you're late. Again." My boss states, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Yeah, I know. I was in an accident this morning. Apparently the journalists over at CatCo can't multitask." I mutter as I sit at my desk. I log into the computer and notice the stack of papers beside in my bin and I look at my boss. "Do we not have any reliant employees here? Or is it just me?"

"You're the best at what you do, Kallie." He smirks before disappearing into his office, closing the door behind him.

"I know. Don't remind me." I sigh. I lean over and grab the stack of papers and begin sorting through them.

"Rough morning?" I glance up to see Rion sitting on my desk. She smirks at me as I roll my eyes and drop the papers onto the desk.

"Its been lovely, Rion."

"Hows superhero training going?" I give her an unamused look.

"You know I'm not a superhero. I won't wear a cape. I won't adorn that S on my chest. I won't save people. Just not my kind of thing."

"We'll see." She gets off my desk and walks back to her own. I glance out the window, feeling the small bit of annoyance when CatCo comes into view. I glance around before using X Ray vision to look into the building. I find Kara talking with Cat Grant. I pull myself back to reality and begin going through the stack of papers.

---------

"Going somewhere?" I look up to see Rion had entered my studio apartment, a smile on her face.

"On a date." I reply. I look at my two options and decide to go with the black military blazer, black V-neck bodysuit, black leather pants, and some black knee high heeled boots. I quickly change and grab my phone before Rion stops me.

"Is that what you're wearing?" I give her a look before pushing past her.

"Its a date but really I'm just going to pick up my daughter. You know I don't like to spend too much time with Zack."

I'm No Superheroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें