Chapter 4

"Lisa!" I heard my Poopi yell early that morning, earlier then normal. It was a Saturday, he usally let me sleep in til 7 or 8, but glancing at my clock I realized it was about 6...it was still a little blury.

  "I'm up Poppi! What do you need? I everything okay?" I said, putting on some yoga pants, and a magenta hoody; then fixing my messed up hair. I threw it bck up into a sloppy bun; not caring about my hair or my makeup, but curious as too why he woke up so dang early.

  He answered me as I was making my way down his oddly steep stair case, that I have fallen down and up since I was younger. "There is someone here too see you!"

  This is when I truely grew curious, Carry was still no doubt asleep after being at that crazy party last night, and I sure didn't have any friends who woud visit me. As I hit the bottom of the steps, I saw an officer. It was Officer Doyle. He was tall, standing at 6'2", he also had a large body frame...like he was born to be a cop. He had ash brown hair, muddy green eyes, and only a few crooked teeth.

  I looked at my my Poppi, suddenly filled with anger; he reminded me of one thing and one thing only..."what is he doing here?!" I huffed through clenched teeth, fueled by rage.

  "I need to speak with you Lisa," the officer began, smoothly, his manly voice putting me in my place.

  "I was not at that freakin' party last night, so no, I didn't drink, I didn't smoke, I didn't do a dang thing."

  My Poppi looked at me, "then where were you?"

  "I was at Boyd's resturant, ask Drew Mattingly; he was my waiter."

  Poppi smiled, "good kid that boy is."

  I looked at the offcier, "now, since there is nothing else too say---"

  "Lisa, it's not about that party...which I ill have to look into; it's about---"

  "This better be important Doyle, my grandaughter was just starting to get her life back," my Poppi defended me.

  "It's about your family, Lisa."

  I exploded, I was out of string. "I know everything there is too know about my parents' murder, and damn well that my brother is locked up!"

  The offcicer avioded my gaze, "maybe you guys should haze a seat."

  I looked back and forth between the two men, my Poppi was smaller compared to Officer Doyle; but I know when it comes to me that he would do anything for the only sane family he has left. I didn't want to know anything about them or Wyatt. So, I walked to my wallet in the kitchen and grabbed about $30, my cell phone, and my purple earbuds. I then told my Poppi, "while the two grown ups talk, I'll be out walking."

  The Officer's face looked apprehensive, but my Poppi's looked worse. "Please, Lisa; be careful."

  I nodded, smiling with all the effort I had. "Of course Poppi, always."

  And sucking in a deep breath, I went out into the world that was now beginning to break dawn.