Chapter 8

"So," Drew began, taking a sip of his Mello-Yellow.

  We were now at Boyd's resteraunt for dinner, and I was eagerly awaiting my food. "So?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

  "How has your Poppi been?"

  I smiled, he really did care about him. "Good, he loves having another person there so he's not so lonely."

  He nodded, "he talked me a lot about you guys, and how when Wyatt went through his 'bad phase' you rarely went over there."

  I nodded, "I coulnd't control that, that was years ago, before I could drive."

  That's when two plates where set in front of us, we both ordered steak, the best thing at his place. "Thank you," Drew said, handing his fellow employee a generous tip. He then looked at me, "since we have food, why don't we toast?"

  I held up my Dr.Pepper, "to what?"

  He winked, "too life, and love."

  We clanked drinks and took a drink, my stomache doing twists and turns, love? I smiled, cutting into my steak, it was perfect.  Just as I go to take a bite, I noticed a look on Drew's face. "What's wrong?" I asked, my heart sinking.

  "I..have you had a good time?"

  I nodded, "is that why you're frowning?" He nodded, and I pulled his lips into a smile, being the goofy me. "Don't frown it doesn't look like you."

  He smiled then, "are you saying I look good?"

  I blushed, "I can't deny it."

  He laughed loudly then, "I can say the same for you."

  I blushed again, "stop it Drew."

  "Remeber when I was your Teddy-Bear?

  I nodded, "of course I do, I called you that forever."

  He nodded, "I never responded to you when you would call me by my real name."

  Beacause I never talk to you anymore, I thought. "Fine, stop it Teddy-Bear."

  He laughed again, "that's the Lisa I know."

  "And love," I joked.

  His face got softer, "did you read my mind?"

  I shook my head, almost choking on food. "Say what?!"

  He laughed, "it was a joke, LiLi."

  That was my nickname for him, from a young age. "LiLi? You going old school on me, Teddy-Bear?"

  He blushed, Drew Mattingly blushed! "Maybe."  I looked down at my ffod, it was almost all gone, but I wasn't ready to leave. I frowned, "is the food bad?" he asked.

  I shook my head, "no, it's almost gone."

  "Do you want more?"

  I shook my head, figuring I might as well spill it."I really don't want tonight to be over."

  He smiled, "it doesn't have to be."

  I looked at my phone, it was 9:30. "What more can we do?"

  He shurugged, "drive around."

  I thought it over, my Poppi probably missed me; and probably wanted me to tell him everything. "Um, I should probably just go home."

  He nodded, "there can always be a next time."

  "You asking me on a second date Teddy-Bear?" He nodded, "I accept."

  He smiled, "let's get going." We took care of our buisness, then we got in the car. As we started going, he grabbed my hand. "I had a wonderful time tonight, LiLi."

  I nodded, "I did too."

  "It was definetly like old times."

  I nodded, "oh yeah."

  "This was the most fun I have ever had on date since middle school."

  I nodded, "I agree."

  He frowned, "I'm annoying you, aren't I?"

  I shook my head, "no, I missed it...missed this." I held up our hands.

  He smiled, "I'm glad you feel that way." He pulled to a stop in front of my house, and smiled at me. He then got out of the car, and walked me to the front door.

  I turned to look at him, "thank you for tonight."

  He smiled, "anytime," he then brought me into a hug. "Bye LiLi," he said.

  I entered my house, with only one question on my mind, why didn't he kiss me?