Chapter 7

We were now in the car, on the way to somewhere..."What music are you into now Lisa?" Drew asked me, glancing his eyes at the radio.

  I shrugged, "nothing really, I mean I am not a music person."

  His jaw dropped as he inhaled quickly, "you're joking?"

  I shook my head, "nope. I am serious."

  He shook his head, chuckling to himself. "So, is your favorite color still purple?"

  I nodded, "yes, is yours still blue?"

  He nodded too, "yes."

  I looked at the window, trying to study my surroundings. I had no idea where the heck we were. "Drew, where are we going?"

  He clicked his tongue in a disapproving way. "no, your not going to find out."

  I pouted my lips, pretending to be hurt. "whatever, you big meanie."

  His body grew more tense, I knew he was about to ask something bad. "Have you dated anyone since your eighth grade year?"

  I looked at him, hating this topic of conversation. "what would be your answer?"

  He frowned, "my answer would be yes."

  I nodded, "I had a few too, but no one serious."

  "H...have you ever--"

  "No!" I yelled. "I haven't even kissed anybody but you."

  He blushed, "I haven't done that, but I have kissed a few people."

  I nodded, "yes, I know. You have a rep Mattingly. And besides, you are also a famous quaterback."

  "I am not that famous."

  "Drew, you have college scholarships from almost every dang state."

  "You know this how?"

  "I heard you tell your friends."

  "It doesn't matter," he pushed the subject away. "I am not going anywhere anyway."

  "No college?"

  He hesitated, "I am going to wait a year."

  "But--" The car then jerked to a stop, and I glanced out the window; we were pulled up at a dance studio. I glanced at Drew, entertained. "Dancing?"

  He smiled, "I remember what you have always said years ago, you just love to dance."

 I smiled, "you remember that?"

  "Never forgot," he said, getting out of the car to open my door.

  I stood up quickly, adjusting my dress. "Really?" I asked.

  "Yes."

  I held my hand out, grabbing his. "That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, and the nicest thing anyone has ever done."

  His beautiful brown eyes lit up, "really?"

  I shook my head, "yes."

  That's when people called out of the doors, "are you Mr. and Mrs. Mattingly?!"

  "Yes," Drew replied.

  "Class is about to start!"

  He looked at me and in we went...the room was your typical dance studio. Mirror walls, wood floor, but there was only two other couples; the teachers and another set of students. "Okay, let's introduce each other."

  "I'm Lakaya, from Hawaii, and this is my husband; Louis," the women explained.

  "I'm Drew and this is Lisa," he said, pulling me closer.

  "Okay, let's begin. Step one is hold your partner close, and remember you must feel each other's body heat," the women explained. I turned to Drew, and soon we slid together; our bodies fitting perfectly. "Okay, now sway back and forth."

  We swayed, looking deep into eachother's eyes. "Drew."

  "What?" he asked.

  "Okay, not twirl your girl," the male teacher said.

  He did twirl me, slowly; admiring me. The world was gone to us by now, it was just us two. "Drew," I began, "I missed this." I layed my head on his chest.

  "What of this do you miss?"

  "You...us."

  "I know Lisa, I was just so afraid."

  "Afraid of what?"

  "Being rejected and looking like an idiot."

  "I wouldn't have turned you down," I said, lifting my head up.

  He nodded, "and I never lost faith in you for that."

  "Then why?"

  He shrugged, "I couldn't build up the courage."

  "For me, or the school?" he bowed his head. "I figured."

  "Again, I am so sorry Lisa."

  "Guys!" the women yelled, "class is over."

  I smiled, raising an eyebrow at Drew. "Dinner?"

  He nodded, "bye!" he grabbed my hand and we ran out, me laughing like a dork.