46

Victoria

I lazily peel my gaze onto the gangster beside me, as we walk down the desolate boulevard. I give him a sideways glance. "Why did you come?" I ask.

"I mean, you knew I left because of you...I just want to know." I add softly, still feeling a bit dizzy. Rio frowns, and shrugs soon after. The gangster latches onto my eyes. I watch him near me, pulling off his jacket to place it on my own shoulders. I swallow lightly. "Thanks." I breathe, shifting in his jacket comfortably.

In turn, he sends a half nod, before finally answering my question and licking his lips. "Every businessman needs his partner, right?" He responds huskily when his full lips curve to form a grin.

In turn, my lips twitch as I watch him. I swallow quietly, before shaking my head. "That's the thing. We're not partners, Rio. It's more than that- not more but..." I shrug. "Leading some gang with you isn't what I want. Dealing with all that money I saw at your place, that isn't what I want. I..."

"What do you want?" The gangster asks me lowly, by my side. I glance over to hold his gaze - that glint with challenge. My lips part, and I find my gaze lowering onto his own full lips. I avert my gaze up to his glinting brown irises again. "I don't know what I want when it comes to you." I answer, firmly, honestly.

Rio furrows his thick brows, while his pair of blazing irises search my own. I watch him bite his lip a second, that is, before he nods in turn. "I can deal with that uncertainty, darlin'." He says huskily. "As long as I receive some answer soon." Rio continues to search my eyes, when his lips tug upward. "Because I already know what I want when it comes to you." He finishes, his voice domineering and husky.

I keep my steady gaze locked onto the gangster's own blazing pair, and my breath hitches - my heart that was once calm, and steady, now begins to hammer against my ribs. I flick my gaze down to his desirable lips...and I contain the sudden urge to capture them with my own. I can't. That would only defeat the reason I came here in the first place. I focus on his dark brown eyes again.

And what is it that you want when it comes to me? ...I fight the temptation to ask him; I know his answer will only, most likely, lull me to go back home. And I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back, yet.

The gangster clears his throat, and faces ahead of us. I follow his gaze ahead, as we continue to walk in a deafening silence now. I pass a seemingly high-class clothing store, dragging my finger along the glass that nice dresses are showcased behind. My steps are slowed before I decide to stop in my tracks. I turn to peer what's behind the tall glass; the dresses on mannequins appear to view. My eyes catch the one in the middle - vesturing a formal black, short, tight dress. It's professional, elegant.

Rio walks up to my side in a swift movement, with his hands folded as usual. "Like what you see?" He questions, lowly. I turn to face him. "That or I'm just admiring it in awe and it's just the tipsiness talking." I smirk, fixing my gaze on the black dress again. But it only takes moments before I look at Rio again. Because, I think I want him more than I do this ridiculously expensive dress. Rio's dark brown eyes meet my own, as he stands in silence.

I trail my gaze, giving the gangster a once over quickly. He stands in his dark jeans, that slightly, very slightly, hang low. And he vestures a long sleeve black shirt, but I can see his toned structure beneath - and I wear his leather jacket he gave up. I glance at his thin golden chain under his tattoo across his neck - the tattoo that canvases his Adams Apple. I peel my gaze up to his full, luscious pair of lips. I curl my lip, silent. I clear my throat and turn back around to 'stare at the dress'. I distract myself, and examine it, gazing at the dazzling jewelry it models with. Though I'm not much a jewelry kind of-

Suddenly, a warm touch tingles my cool skin, as I feel instant warmth on my waist. I slightly tense, when I already recognize the gentleness, the comfort. A soft breath escapes my lips as I stand close to the glass of the clothing store, and the warm touch grasps me. I relax my once-tense shoulders. Rio's strong grasp silently urges me to turn around. I do, slowly. I turn around at a lose velocity, facing the gangster. Rio hovers, and I feel his relaxed, warm breath on my face as he stands merely inches away.

My lips part, and I feel the slight brush of his chest against mine. My back is pressed against the smooth glass, and I can't move past him, not now. Do I want to? I can't avert my gaze from off his full lips that call me. Before I know it, my soft breathing increases against him. No, no. He is the reason I left. He is the reason I came here. I can't...

He raises his other hand, only to grasp onto my other bare side. His touch results in an alternating current in my bones - a galvanizing course in my pumping veins. We share the same breath, against one another. I feel...nervous...afraid. If this promotes to any more skin-on-skin I-

"I won't touch you." The gangster breathes against me. My brows furrow in confusion. Rio's tongue sweeps, deliberately, across his full lips for moisture before he adds on. "I ain't gonna kiss you unless it's what you want." Rio searches either of my brown irises; that deeply long for him...all of him. At this point my emotions are starting to confuse myself.

"Is that what you want?" He questions, lowly, huskily - his warm touch still engulfing my waist as I'm pressed against the clear glass.

---

Thanks for reading! Be sure to make that star below golden/orange if you enjoyed! ;)

Much, much love,

xx