60

Victoria

Becoming queen...

Ruling a gang, as I said to Rio before, isn't what I want. All I want is him. But being the queen to his king; is that part of what it takes to be by his side?

~

Gently, my back is laid across my silky bedsheets. My heart flutters, wildly, when I flutter my eyes up to take in the gangster's hovering frame that towers over me. I'm not held down by his strong hands this time, no, for this moment either of his hands are placed on my waist - my hands free and grasping onto his tattooed arms.

His skin is intensely hot under my fingertips, his dark brown irises ardent and piercing into my own above me - before I watch his gaze trail down my body beneath him. I feel the hardness of his chest press against me, carefully, his breathing low as he keeps his composure.

With my heart hammering, skin throbbing, his statement replays in my mind once again. And the thought of becoming this queen he suggested I become; causes my stomach to turn. What if continuing this session is a way of saying yes to him? Do I want that?!

Hurriedly, I place my hand on his warm chest, gesturing for him to stop. The gangster meets my gaze - his dark brown irises flicking up to fixate onto mine.

I briefly lick my lips, my breathing rapid. "I know what this means. If we...if I keep this up that'll sum up my answer. And I don't know if I'm ready for that answer, yet." I breathe. I keep my gaze on either of Rio's chocolate brown irises, clouded with desire, as he searches my own intently.

"So you don't know what you want..." He states, rather questions. I do know what I want...but I also acknowledge what I don't.

Before my lips can part, the gangster dismisses his towering frame from above me, and he gets off my bed to come to a firm stand on his own two feet. I hurriedly prop myself up and keep my longing irises on his own. Standing in his black t-shirt and in his jeans, Rio folds his hands, his jaw now clenched as he vestures a mere impatient glance.

I swing my feet around the edge of the bed, sitting upright as the gangster stands feet away. I run a hand through my slightly disheveled hair. "I do know, Rio. And I already told you that leading a gang isn't what I-"

"Right, right." The gangster interjects, rather abruptly. "You say you know but you don't. I mean you want me, but not the kingdom." He says, his tone laced with venom. "Sorry darlin' but the kingdom comes with me." His face vaguely softens - earning for my heart to skip a beat.

The gangster licks his lips deliberately, never peeling from my gaze. His dark eyes glint with vexation. "It's all up to you. Take it or leave it." He shrugs in his t-shirt - his hardened jaw still clenched.

I take in a sharp breath, and come to a stand in front of him. His tall frame lingers three feet away. A humorless laugh escapes my lips. "That's a little unfair, isn't it? Since when do you get to pressure me into making the decision? I'm not asking for a package, Rio. Just you!" I raise my voice.

Frustration swells within me, my pulse racing by the second. Firmly, aggravated, I fold my arms across my chest.

"Do you know the leap I'd be taking if I decided to give you the answer that you want?!" I ask, and instantly the gangster's brows narrow in my direction. I harshly rub my hands across my face, a sigh escaping when I take a step closer towards him.

"I want to be with you but-"

"Nah, no 'but's' sweetheart." Rio interjects yet again, shaking his head in refusal. "I don't leave without the kingdom, I don't leave without my boy's. Not to mention, I have been waiting."