E

"You better stop that yelling in my shop fo I put ya ass out. What the hell you screaming for anyways?" The lady asked

The girl turned to face us with a sad expression on her face.

"Oh yeah she speak fish" The lady said as I laughed

"So we gotta teach her English. I don't even think her name Dani for real. We was listening to the radio and she was repeating a lot of sh- stuff" I respond

"This " the girl said as the lady disappeared down a long hallway

"You wanna watch Frozen?"

The blank expression on her face told me no. I took a seat on one of the yellow wooden chairs,watching the girl walk around the room.

She stopped in front of a painting that had a mermaid on it. I already knew what was up. As soon as I got up the lady came back. "See I told you. Dumbass"

"That means nothing. She prolly like her titties or her tail. I mean it's a sexy ass picture" I said as I mugged the lady

"Here" she said handing me two books.

One has a gold silky cover with a white heart pendant latched onto its upper right corner. The second book was blue and dirty with rusted pearls on the front that formed into a mermaid.

"I'm not reading these. Sorry"

She walked up to me and smacked me. "I'm Madea so watch who you talking to"

I rubbed my cheek in shock as the girl watched us with an angry expression.

"Fuck you mad for?" I asked

That's when she came over to me and smacked me. "You better not hit her back"

"But she just-"

The girl walked over to Madea and smacked her. She laughed it off and grabbed a photo and handed it to the girl.

While she talked to her about the photo my phone started ringing. "Wassup baby"

"Where y'all at?"

"In the shop across from VS. Just continue shopping. We'll be out in a minute"
_________
"So this Friday is a day that celebrates fish all because some man seen a mermaid and that led to the cities name and fortune? Yeah okay"

"Thats why her life is in danger. I knew you wasn't gone believe me. I wish there was a way to show you."
_________
By the time we all left the mall it was night time. Madea had us follow her to the lake where the boats were so that she could go see her son.

Her son is a fisherman apparently.

When we got to the boat lot we all walked to a deserted part of the boardwalk and waited for further instructions. "Home" Dani said

"Yeah yeah we know" Madea replied

"Wait what-" Alycia said

"Just watch" Madea said before she pushed the girl in the water.

The girl wasn't coming up. Madea's son wanted to jump in and save her but she held him back. "Open the cooler"

He opened the cooler and handed her a long trout. "Look closely"

Madea dangled the fish off the side off the planks and waited.

Seconds later the girl came up and started going ham on the fish. We all gasped in shock. She looked really different too. She had green blueish skin and gills swarming her neck and face.

Madeas son ran into the water center and didn't come back out.

As we all walked into the water center Madea left a trail of fish on the planks so the girl could get out of the water. Hopefully.

As we waited inside the water center we watched Madea's son run back and forth.

"Y'all gotta see this footage"

We ran to the back of the center with him and were amazed.

The girls clothes had ripped off her body as mermaid features attached to her body. When he zoomed in we could see little tiny strings wrapping around her legs to form a tail.

When he zoomed out of the video we all jumped at the sight of her eyes coming towards the camera. I felt like she was looking into my soul.
___________

Lance

The boat rocked back and forth as the waves of the water brushed upon the deck. Me and a couple of my fishbuds went out to catch some fish for the market.

That night seemed a little off. One minute everything was peaches and cream, but the next minute everything just started crumbling over.

As I drove the boat o watched the camera every no and then. The boys had just caught a big batch of fish and were opening it.

I turn my head for 5 seconds and all I heard was screaming. That whole night we all knew it was some human formed murderer but these tapes say different.

We accidentally caught a mermaid. Nobody's been able to believe us for so long besides y'all. That night it attacked one of my friends so we had to call medical.

For some odd reason government officials showed up. We watched as they searched the boat and took the creature. They also took my friend that was injured.

We also found this big ass sounding machine. We don't know what it's for but it's really loud.

"Turn it on"

I did as told by my mother without question. As soon as we turned the big loud machine on we heard screaming coming from the screen. We all watched as the mermaid freaked out.

"TURN IT OFF" The boy with the dreads shouted

"No wait" my mother said

I acted like I didn't hear neither and continued watching the footage. For some reason there was a man on the side camera swimming towards her. As soon everybody noticed they ran out towards the planks and yelled at the man.

I quickly turned the machine off and followed with a net in my hand. We quickly Saw blood being drawn as the man tried to get away. We already know she's dangerous.

I threw the net in the water and the man grabbed it. He was a bit heavy but at least I saved him. As soon as I pulled him out I seen who it was.

"What are you doing here James. Your shift ended hours ago!"

He answered my question with a question as I released him from the rope. "You'll see" was all I could let out.

One

Two

Many tries. I had finally caught the mermaid on my third attempt. "Everyone back up!" I yelled

I pulled the mermaid onboard the planks and watched as she tried to escape as her body grew weaker and weaker.

She stopped and that's when I realized she must of fainted. I released her body from the nets and carried her back to the water center placing her naked body onto the couch.

"This is all too real"

"Nobody say anything about it. Lances father is the mayor of this town and he will have this whole town evacuated if he ever knew. He tried to tell us that this same thing happened to him 10 years ago. Of course we didn't believe him. Now look at us." Was all my momma said before it grew silent and all we could hear was the waves of the water.