A

Nick

"if we are going tonight should we take Dani with us?" I asked

"I want to go " she stutterd with a look of worry on her face.

"I think she should go. Ya'll might need her for protection and if her sister is there yall might need her to calm her down." Madea put in

"Good thinking" Lance said as he grabbed his keys

"Let's move" Brandon announced

Jim

Loud sirens awoke me from my deep slumber. My ribs still hurt what is going on? I fight the pain as I try to get out of the bed to check things out. I made it off the bed and walked out into the hallway.

I literally took two steps past the door before a lady was thrown across the room. I tried to hurry back to the room but she already seen me. I quickly reassured her that I was no threat to her. I ran across the room towards a lab coat that had keys and an ID card in it. "If you leave with me then we'll be safe. Okay?"

She growled but soon believed me. She ran out into the hallway and I followed her. She stopped in front of the door that I hope leads outside. I swipe the card and it gives us access. I opened the door but I didn't lead to outside. It led to an office room.

"Follow me" I say as I skip down a long hallway. From afar I can see the exit door. We were so close to the door when two doctors came out of no where and tried to stop us. I watched the girl eat one of their faces off after she threw the other one against the wall.

I opened the door and yelled at her to come on. She growled at the man that tried to fight the pain of getting thrown into the wall but soon went through the door. I reached in my hospital gowns pocket and pulled out a set of keys. I rang the car alarm and it directed us to a Sudan that was across the street.

Before we could fully get out of the parking lot a car almost hits us. My heart skipped beats and I stared at the car as it came to a stop. Thank god. The girl jumped on top of the hood and started growling. I stared at the drivers and realized that it was one of my buddies.

"Lance?" I asked as the driver seats door opened and out he came. Then all the doors opened. While they were tryna get the girl off the hood of the truck, me and Lance hugged and exchanged words. Then I seen Brandon and did the same.

Dani

"STOP SISTER GET DOWN FROM THERE"

She jumped down and started circling me. "These good people. They helped me find you"

The tears that I had in my eyes dropped and that's when she hugged me and started rubbing her hand through my head.

"We should call her Omeretta. Just because" Lance said "it's a beautiful name" he continued

I convinced her to go with us back to the lady's house. When we got there I helped her understand everything they were saying and everything we need to do.

"Wait so y'all are mermaids?" Jim asked

I nodded my head

"Y'all look so much like humans though. Wow. Y'all know y'all are the legends of this part of the town. This town loves Mermaids because the founder said that he only founded this land because he was following a mermaid. Y'all already know that we don't believe in you guys so... yeah. I think y'all in danger though. You know how myths and scary stories be." Jim continued

"What you mean they in danger? How you know?" Nick asked defensively.

"They're gonna say that their dangerous or that they are not real and their just gonna make up stuff. Of course they gonna wanna meet and schedule events and do that and the third but you gotta think about the government." Jim defended

"He has a point but who will know?" Lance added

"The man from the bar. The one who put that note on my car. The one who owns the lab." Nick said