twenty-two

"tell the world i'm coming home"_______________________________

_______________________________

( play magic by coldplay )

mackenzie's bag was standing in front of her and she pushed past the rest of her bags that were ready to be put in her car. her friends were standing behind her and maddie looked at her with tears rimming her eyes.

"i'm going to miss you so" annie sobbed and hugged kenzie ever so tightly. nadia was holding on to brandon and carson and hayden were trying not to cry.

asher had joined them and annie was hugging onto him for dear life. they all exchanged hugs and kenzie finally wiped her face clean from tears.

"i'll be back so soon you'll never even notice i left. i promise" kenzie smiled and her friends nodded.

then she turned around and made way to her car, the others silently looking at her walk away.

she opened the car door and stepped in, trying not to cry. the engine of the car started and she pushed the gas.  

the car wasn't even moving for two seconds when annie yelled out to kenzie. "kenzie wait!" she declared.

mackenzie stopped the car and rolled down her window. "what?" she asked and annie pointed at the dirty blonde haired boy that was running towards the group of friends. 

"johnny?" kenzie asked as the boy came to a stop. he opened up her car door and told her to get out of the car. "mackenzie, get out of the car." he spoke.

"johnny i can't.. joey is waiting for me." kenzie looked down at her feet. "i don't care about joey, just get out of the car." he spoke once again.

"johnny i-" kenzie tried but johnny wasn't having it. "kenzie i said, get out of the damn car... please?"

kenzie nodded and made way to step out. johnny took ahold of her hand and made sure she landed lightly. "lets talk inside, okay?" he asked and she agreed.

when they passed their group of friends, johnny could hear them whispering. things like : 'took him long enough' and 'i thought he was going to let her walk away.'

johnny and kenzie kept walking towards the door. she looked down at her feet the whole time they were walking. getting more nervous each second they were getting closer to the door.

"wait" carson started. johnny looked back and quirked an eyebrow. "what?" he asked and carson pointed at the appartement. "can we at least wait inside? its getting kinda chilly" he chuckled.

"um its my appartement so yes we can" maddie spoke and the group walked inside. kenzie took johnny's hand and dragged him to her room so they could talk in private. she pulled him inside and closed the door behind them. 

she turned herself and layed eyes on johnny who had already sat down on her bed. she walked towards him and took a seat next to him. "hey" she spoke and he chuckled lightly "hey.." he spoke.

"i didn't expect you to come here. how did you even know i was leaving?" she asked him and he scratched his neck. "actually, nadia texted me telling me if i wanted to talk to you face to face it had to be now." kenzie widened her eyes. "oh.. that makes sense i guess" she spoke. 

"so what did you want to say?" she asked and he took a deep breath. "to be honest i don't know. i wasn't even sure i wanted to say anything at first but i just couldn't let you leave without talking first." he breathed out and looked her in the eyes. 

"look kenz.. i don't know if im ready for a kid" he stated. "why didn't you tell me? i mean hearing it from millie didn't make it easy. and you are dating joey"

kenzie made a confused face. "it might have not been easy for you to hear it from millie but do you really think it would have been easy for me to just go and tell you? i mean look at you johnny.. the past months have totally changed you and i don't even know why or how.." kenzie spoke.

"you are practically the biggest player of our school. a new day a new girl in your bed and you think it would be easy for me to tell you i was pregnant with your kid?" she looked down. 

"my decisions haven't been the best either lately. and i'm not saying its all your fault because its not, but it still hurts that you think i preferred you to hear it from millie then from me." she bit her bottom lip trying to keep the tears from flowing.

"kenzie i know you didn't want me to hear it from millie but we can't change the fact that i did." johnny declared. "it actually surprises me that you aren't mad at her, i mean first she spreads around that video of joey and then she goes and tells everyone you're pregnant."

kenzie looked up. "huh? what do you mean she spread that video around i thought it was charles?" she asked in confusion. "well yea, charles gave her the video but the whole caption? obviously millie." kenzie shook her head.

it all made sense to her now. this was all a game to millie, to make sure johnny and joey both separated from her so she could have johnny and lexi could run off with joey. it made her sick to her stomach and she tried not to scream.

"kenz please look at me for a second please." johnny spoke and kenzie looked up slightly. "why are you leaving pittsburgh" kenzie looked up fully and opened her mouth to speak. "joey agreed to raise the baby with me but not here because hes afraid i love you more then i love him. 

johnny tilted his head. "do you?" he asked and it took her a second to say the next words. "no" he backed away from her slightly and she looked down once again. "i used to." she said and recollected johnny's attention. 

"but then i saw you with nadia and it broke my heart. i still loved you but your behavior changed and so did my feelings for you. but i'm not saying they will never be the same again. its all up to you john." she spoke before standing up. 

"i'm sorry but i made a promise to joey and i'm not going to break it." she smiled at him and he frowned. "i'll miss you" she said and turned to the door. 

"wait-" johnny spoke and stood up "i'm coming with you."

***

tea