Chapter 1

It was dark, pouring, and crawling with

It was dark, pouring, and crawling with...zombies?

You still couldn't believe what was happening before your eyes. Until a few had crashed through the living room window of your house, nearly chomping bits from you.

Still finding this hard to believe,  hoping that this is all a dream. One long horrible nightmare.
These living corpses, trudging through the streets of Raccoon City.

It seemed as if these things were multiplying by the second, you couldn't stand it. Your hearts was pumping so quickly inside your chest, waiting for it to explode.
Your breathing became shallow as panic crept into your body.
This was going to be a long night...

——————————————

As you slowly navigated through the cluttered streets, a car radio was playing a broadcast of some sort

'Come to the Raccoon City Police Department'
Was all you got to hear, that was all you needed though. Hope filling the worried senses of your mind.
The police station? Surely other survivors were there! There has to be!

Pivoting on the heel of your boots, turning swiftly. Jogging towards the presumed safe haven.

The rain that sheeted the pavement, quicken your movements. The water causing  the soles to glide over with each step. Sadly it did add extra noise for you, drawing the occasional undead attention towards you, their next meal of you hadn't been quick enough.
Your own attention was focused on a group of those flesh eaters. Slowing down to see three of them. Hunched over chewing away at someone's body. The smell was over whelming, decayed bodies and fresh blood flooded your nostrils, making you gag.

A hand gripped the top of your shoulder, head spinning around meeting the eyes of a slack jawed hungry monster. A scream erupting through your lungs as a second joined its friend, causing you to back up against two crushed cars. Hands out stretched, waving them off like dog didn't know the meaning of the word 'no'
Just like that imaginary dog, these creatures also didn't know the meaning of that word that repeatedly croaked through you.

Bang! Bang!

Your body was crumbled on the ground, trembling hands cupping your ears. Fingers gripping at the ends of your soaked hair. Teary eyes watching as those hungry bodies slumped down to the same pavement you sat on. Kicking them away, legs returning close to you chest.

"Now, now, you don't want to sit there. That's just a opportunity for them to get you.."
A voice spoke, radiating suaveness. Like James Bond.
Eyes scanning upwards taking in every detail the voice had.

Black scuffed boots, matching colored pants that were dirty. A holster that held the gun that had saved you from being dinner. A bullet proof vest that read 'R.P.D.' Across the back, and a patch showing that the man was part of 'S.T.A.R.S'
His pale face had dirt and some blood painted his sharp features. Eyes hidden behind a pair of...sunglasses? His blonde hair slicked back, at least it seemed that way. He was disheveled. Looking like he came from a fierce battle with those monsters.

"T-thank you—sir..!" You stammered out, quickly standing up knees buckling. Causing your movements to stiffen and become clumsy, but eventually you managed standing upright, teetering over to the man.

"Not a problem..what are you doing out here by yourself young lady..?" He queried, head tilting towards your direction.
"I—heading to...Police Station..."
you hadn't realized how scared you were in this situation. Skin pale in fear, stomach knotted and flipping in shock, and body shaking with horror. Each word you sounded out to the man in front of you chipped out like a toddler trying to speak for a first time.

The male's head turned towards the direction of more light. As if it was sanctuary calling out to any survivors.

"Ah right...Yes we sounded out for any survivors to come to the station, come now. We're not that far away."
He spoke, words slipping out like butter. Slowly taking lead until he stopped. Spinning to meet your gaze. A gloved hand holding out a pistol to you.
"Here, we cant have you empty handed here, can we?"
He chirped, that same hand that gifted you with the gun. Came to your cheek. Wiping away the grime on them.
"There, now lets go." He directed. Turning once more on the heel of his boot. Leading the way towards the station.

Note : I am very new to writing! So I apologize in advance if this isn't that great

Any feed back, ideas, and encouragement is greatly appreciated! Thank you~