Chapter 6

"Again!"
Pow!
"Again!"
Pow!
"Once more, again!"
Pow!

"Great job, if Albert was here he'd be very pleased."
The raven haired woman spoke, her frame leaning against the metal railing. Head tilted down at you, watching you practice with the rifle.

You smiled up at her, placing the large fire arm back on the rack. Standing up, arms stretching. A sigh flowing out of you.

"I hope so-I don't want to be helpless if anything ever happens. He does such dangerous work-even you...I want to be able to help any way I can." You said quietly, eyes focusing on the paper silhouettes that had holes though the chest and head.
No matter how many months you've practice with a gun, your hands always shook. It was annoying, you did it no problem in Raccoon City with that outbreak a year ago. Why couldn't you now?

Maybe because...it be taking a human's life, if it ever came down to it.

Albert was away more often, discussing with different agencies about different viruses.
Still you didn't understand. The only thing you knew was, you wanted to be stronger.

You wanted to show that you could hold you're own, that you weren't this weak, timid girl.
No...you were-but evolving.
Maturing into a strong woman. A Wonder Woman, as cliche as it sounded...

"(Y/n)..? Are you in wonderland again..?" Ada's voice questioned, hazel eyes focused on your dazed expression.

That was something happening more frequently as well...you we were constantly lost in thought, dazed. Out of focus...maybe because you weren't sleeping well? Your anxieties eating away at your nerves...maybe just dehydrated?

(E/C) blinking for a few seconds, a nod of the head. A smile on your lips. "Just a little, not to worry."

"Alright, oh right..." The woman in red started to walk down the hallway to the door. Quickly following behind her, waiting for that calm voice to continue forming words.
"You should start packing, Albert is waiting for you." She continued, one of her hands combed through her dark locks. Those mesmerizing eyes locking with yours.

"Waiting...? Where?"

"Spain." She stated, that scarlet gown fluttering with each step, each sway of her hip. Ascending the staircase to your shared room.

"Why is he in Spain?" You asked, not even question that a suitcase was sprawled out on the king sized bed.
A few pairs of clothing already neatly folded inside the case, Ada was looking at the exotic fragrances that had been gifted to you by the handsome blonde shadow. 

"He's doing business there, I need to attend as well. You know him, he doesn't like you being alone when he's away on long distance." She hummed, taking in the scent of lavender.
"Shall we go?"

——————————————

You hated planes, you hated flying, you absolutely hated this drip. Once the plane landed, your legs bolted. If that blue hedgehog was real, he would be lost in the dust you left.

Because of you running off, Ada lost you. Great...being in an airport, in a foreign country that your ride was waiting outside.

"Great...how hard could it be to find her?" The short haired woman wondered under her breath. Lips pursed together in a frown. The driver waiting was already annoyed that he had to pick up the two of you at the airport, he was going to be more annoyed if he had to wait.
The parking garage was bustling, so keeping an eye out was just as difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankfully for the female spy, she found you on a bench. Looking like a lost puppy. Eyes red and puffy, looking like you'd been crying. From what she could see it looked like you were having a conversation.

"Little Bird...It won't be long until I see you, just stay there and Ms.Wong will find you. It's alright.."
you could hear the guilt in his voice, he knew he shouldn't be gone this long. It's been two months and was so occupied that his mind was everywhere but your feelings.
Hearing you sobbing on the phone, crying his name broke him. He wanted to hold you in his arms, if he could he'd reach through the phone, sadly that wasn't an option. 

"Shh shh...it's alright, in about a half hour we'll be together again. I'll make up all the time we've missed, I promise.."
"Promise...?"
"Of course..."
A sniffle, a cough, and a wipe of your flustered worn face and nod of the head. You answered him,
"O-okay..."
"Little Bird, you'll be in my arms before you know it. I'll take care of you." He said softly. His voice soothing the anxious heart that pounded.

A few minutes passed until the phone was put away inside your bag, a soft hand rested against your shoulders. Moving in small circles, a smile greeting you.
"Let's go, our ride is waiting."