6

I watch Alex eat her nachos and I smile. She loves my cooking. I push my glasses up, I really need to order new ones. But Alex doesn't like girls with glasses, so maybe I'll order contacts. I hate contacts, but if it's for Alex, I'll do it. The door opens and Spencer walks in with a smile on her face. "Someone's on cloud nine." Alex says with a laugh. Her laugh is so adorable! "I think I found her Alex. Mona, cancel all my dates for the week, I found the perfect girl!" Spencer says, falling on the couch with a sigh.

"Lucky you. Maybe I'll find the right girl soon." Alex says. I smile, hoping she means me, but she doesn't look my way. She gets up and goes to the bathroom. I stare at her as she walks, she's so beautiful. "Mona!" I look over, realizing Spencer was calling me. "I-I'm sorry what?" I ask, trying to cover up that I was staring. She looks towards the bathroom then back at me weirdly.

"Do you...like Alex?" She asks. I put my head down and avoid her eyes. She sighs and moves from her spot on the couch next to me. "Listen, are you sure you want my sister?" She asks. I look at her with disbelief. "Of course! Alex is a good person. She's funny, smart, beautiful. I love her." I say smiling. Spencer smiles as well. "Well then, I can't argue with love." She says. "Go get her tiger."

     I step out of the bathroom and walk back into the living room. Spencer walks past me to her room with a smirk, What's her problem? I sit down on the couch and Mona moves closer to me. "So...do you have any dates this week?" She asks. I shake my head. "Nope. I haven't asked anyone yet." I say. I see a smile come across her face and I look at her weirdly.

     "Well...if you still don't have a date...then maybe we can...go on a date, together." She says. I laugh. "Mona you don't have to do that." I tell her. "But I want to! I...I like you, Alex." She tells me. I look at her confused. "Like...'like like' me?" I ask cautiously. Mona smiles with a nod. I sigh.

     "Mona...you're my best friend...I just, I can't. I don't like you...like that, I'm sorry." I say, watching the color drain from her face and her smile falling into a frown. "Oh...okay. I-I'm sorry I..." She walks away into her room. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. Spencer steps out of her room and walks over to me with an angered face. She must have heard.

     "How could you do that?!" I yell at Alex. She looks at me with disbelief. "I let her down easy! It's not like I said 'Oh well I don't like you so...' I told her that she's my friend and I just didn't like her that way!" She yells back. "She's better than any of those sluts you bring to the house!" I scream. "What?" She asks. "I walked into your room to get a brush and found a bra, that definitely wasn't yours, laying on the floor!" I tell her.

She shakes her head and walks into her room. I decide to give them both time and walk into my room. Because no one is talking to each other, I'm bored. I text Aria to see if she's busy.

Hey

Hey

Are you busy?

Nope just watching Netflix in my pjs

Cool. Wanna hang out?

Sure

Your place or mine?

Stuff is going on around here so yours?

Okay I'll send my address

Alright, see you soon?

Yep