8

I step out of my room and look around. I see Spencer's door open, but she's not there. Did she not come home last night? I walk to Mona's room and knock lightly. There's no answer so I knock again. "Mona I want to talk." I tell her. I hear her opening her case and taking out her glasses. I turn the knob slowly and open the door. She looks at me, but there's no smile. I didn't realize how much I miss her smile. "Can we talk?" I ask. She nods and walks past me out of her room. She didn't even look at me, what did I do? Why did I ruin something that I always wanted. Does she even want me anymore?

I walk past Alex out of my room without looking at her. A face away from her a wait for her to say something, but she's says nothing. I hear a sniffle and low sobs from behind me. I turn around and see Alex wiping tears. "I love you. I distract myself from you by going out with these girls that mean nothing to me. I distract myself with girls that are nothing like you. They aren't you, they don't compare to you, and that kills me. It kills me because I love you, and I couldn't tell you that. I was afraid that you wouldn't love me because of the people I go out with, but it was to distract me from loving you. I can't do that anymore, I won't. I won't hide that I love you anymore."

I attack her with a hug and smile when her arms wrap around me. I pull away as my glasses slide down. I go to push them back up when Alex takes them off. She looks into my eyes for a moment with a smile, then walks to Spencer's room. She comes out with two rubbers bands. She wraps the rubber bands around the end of my glasses then puts them back on me. "It's a temporary fix, we can get new one's later." She says. "I don't have much money." I tell her. "Well then I'll pay for it." Alex says. "Alex Drake paying for something for someone else? Is this a dream?" I ask.

"I'm a changed woman." I tell Mona. She laughs, and the sound lights my world up. "Can I kiss you?" I ask. She nods excitedly. I smile and lean in, pulling her into a kiss. It feels so different from the others. My kisses with the other girls were hungry and lustful. This is...gentle and loving. I guess that's because I love Mona, and not the others. She pulls away and smiles.

     "I love you." She says. I smile wide. "I love you too."