Chapter Two

Garrett

"Can I get another, please." I signal the bartender and he nodded his head quickly sliding me another shot. I throw it back, not caring as the liquid streamed down my chin, I wipe it off and push the glass away. I knew I needed to stop, to call an Uber or a cab and go home for the night, but I was still mad. I really couldn't believe the text I'd gotten from Andrew earlier, the one asking me if I'd come over while he edited as if that was an equal trade from what we'd had planned days ago. I'd ignored it completely after I'd read it, but then the more I thought about it the angrier I became. Driving to the bar had been a bad idea, but I didn't care, I was allowed to have bad ideas. I stare straight ahead, not wanting to make conversation with anyone like I normally would when I came here. I'm about to order another drink when my phone rings, I look down, it was Andrew. I did not want to talk to him right now, I let it go to voicemail and order another drink. I hated talking to Andrew when I was angry because I knew I'd say some things I'd definitely regret and not mean at all. It was just so hard sometimes, it seemed that he spent all of his time at Shane's and I understood why, which was one of the main reasons I'd get angry. I felt bad for being angry at him because I knew he was working, I knew that Shane needed him, and I knew that this was going to be only for a short period of time but fuck. I hadn't seen Andrew in weeks, and I was starting to get pissed and then him bailing on me tonight just made it worse. I throw back another shot, didn't even have to ask for it this time when my phone rings again, I look back down, this time it was Shane calling. I decided to answer because well, I wasn't mad at Shane.

"Hello?" There was a long pause before he spoke and I knew at that moment that Andrew was in the room, I bite my lip, feeling bad for not answering Andrew's call, "Shane? Hello?"

"Garrett!" Another pause, "what's up? Whatcha up to?" I signal the bartender again, knowing that I definitely needed to stop, but ignoring that instinct.

"I'm just hanging out; did you need something? Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, I just wanted to know what you were up to! Andrew called, and you didn't answer, and we wanted to make sure that everything was okay... Is your phone working?"

"Yeah, my phone is fine, I guess I just didn't see his call or something." He knows that I'm lying, and I don't care.

"Oh, okay, well, we miss you over here... I wanted you to come by, we've decorated since you last came over—"

"I know, I saw Ryland's video," I snap, instantly feeling like shit, "It was really funny," I add, trying not to come off as the asshole I was being.

"Oh right, yeah, it was..." We sit in silence for a good minute before I decide I've had enough.

"Well, if you don't need anything, I'm gonna go."

"Oh, okay," He pauses, "Well, come by soon, we miss you."

"Miss you too." And I hang up before he can say bye, drinking myself into oblivion.

**

The hangover I had was not pretty before I even opened my eyes, I could feel myself start to throw up. I run to the bathroom, making it just in time, I knew I shouldn't have drunk that much. I nearly shit myself when I'm being handed a glass of water, I open my eyes, flushing the toilet at the same time.

"Andrew?" I close my eyes, my elbow resting on the toilet, my forehead resting just on my fist. I really wished he wasn't here, witnessing me at my lowest, here on the bathroom floor, vomit probably still on my chin.

"I brought you some water," I take the glass from him thankfully, because well, I guess I was happy to see him.

"Thank you," I don't question how he'd gotten in, I'd given him a key to my place a while back when I'd been out of town, he was the only one I'd trusted with my ficus. "You didn't have to co—" Andrew rolls his eyes, as he sits down on the floor leaning his body against the cabinet.