Chapter Three

Andrew

It felt good hanging out with Garrett again, and soon we'd worked out a plan, one that'd allow for us to hang out together at least three times a week. It sounded weird when I said it out loud to Shane, but I brushed that feeling away. Garrett was my best friend and I was glad to finally be able to hang out with him. It seemed that I was never at home anymore, I was always either at Shane's or Garrett's and honestly, I was okay with that. Although Garrett's couch was a little uncomfortable, I wasn't about to ask him if I could share the bed if anything, I'd just go home. But we'd always managed to stay up late enough to where I'd fall asleep on the couch, waking up in the middle of the night to see that he'd gone to bed.

"Are you drinking again?" I didn't mean to pry, but I notice that Garrett had recently started drinking even more than usual.

"Just a sip, I've had a stressful day." I set my stuff down, I'd just arrived from Shane's after editing.

"Is everything okay?" I take off my jacket, laying it over the side of the couch, eyeing him as he drinks.

"Yeah, no, yeah, everything is fine."

"That's why you're pouring another?" I know I should stop, but I couldn't help but worry.

"Mind your business," He mutters, chugging the rest of his drink, he sets the glass in the sink, "see? Done. How was your day?" I decide to ignore the first half of his sentence and focus on the question at hand.

"It was okay, pretty average actually."

"How's the editing coming along?"

"It's actually pretty brutal, you don't realize how much footage you have until it's all there sitting in front of you, waiting to be sifted and edited."

"How much longer until you guys are ready to put it out there? I'm excited to watch it all."

"Hopefully just a few more days before Shane tells everyone a date, we should be ready to release it soon though," Garrett smiles and nods, and he begins rummaging through the fridge.

"Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot to get food, again."

"Oh, it's okay, we can order something, or I can go get something if you want since you've..." I stop myself, knowing that his drinking was apparently a touchy subject tonight.

"Since I've what?" I bite my tongue, regretting what I'd said.

"You just, I just don't want you to drive if you've been drinking."

"It was just a glass, Andrew." He gives me a look, and I nod my head quickly,

"Right, right, but still, I don't mind driving."

"It's fine, I can drive," I shake my head, I wouldn't budge on this, "trust me, Andrew, I'm good."

"Garrett, no, you're not." I shake my head, standing in front of the door. He scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, you drive, I don't care."

"Look, I didn't mean to offend—"

"You didn't... I'm sorry, I just, I've had a rough day and wanted to unwind with some whiskey."

"Right, sorry."

"Can we just go?" I nod my head, only wanting to forget the first half of this night completely.

The night actually turned out to be okay, we'd ended up picking up food and bringing it home. Garrett had been dying to re-watch Galaxy of the Guardians, so that's what we did, and it ended up being a good night. We were halfway through the movie when my phone buzzed, I look down, a text from Shane.