Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Bianca was more than happy to join Kady on her escapade. She too thought it was a good idea for Kady to get back into the dating game even if it meant it was just for a quick bout of sex. Kady was torn between getting herself all done up and actually going out to meet somebody, or to just go home and gorge on the pasta she'd been craving all day.

"All I'm saying is you look pretty hot in those jeans and that tank. You're barely showing!"

Kady looked at herself in the mirror. They were currently in one of those boutiques you find in town that nobody really buys from but has pretty nice clothing. Bianca insisted she try on the white washed skinny jeans even though Kady wasn't too sure about them. She had to admit it though, she looked pretty damn good in them. And the top didn't showcase her belly like some of the others she'd tried on.

It wasn't normally something she would wear but what the hell, if she was going to nab a man, or at least try to, she needed to look available. And nothing says available more than a top that focuses on your breasts or jeans that hug you're butt enough to make it look sculpted.

She felt bad when she handed over Ms. O'Ralley's credit card to the cashier but had to remind herself that she was, basically, forced to take and use it. Plus, she was supporting a small business by purchasing these clothes and that made her feel a little better.

Bianca insisted she wear heels of some sort with the outfit but Kady refused. Wearing the boots she normally used for work already wore her out. They had a heel that wasn't even an inch and her feet would smart before lunch time with them on. So flats and tennis shoes were it for her for the rest of her pregnancy. Her nearly sleepless nights made her feel cranky enough and she didn't need sore feet to top it all off. She'd have to speak to her doctor about her newfound sleeping habits because the more pregnant she became the less sleep she managed to get and Kady wasn't sure if that was completely normal.

It was nearly two in the afternoon when Bianca and Kady were done with their spree. They managed to get Kady three new outfits (two of them for when her belly grew bigger), a new haircut that complimented her more than her previous one, a really comfy pair of boots that had no heel at all, and one of those body pillows that are supposed to work wonders for pregnant ladies.

Taren and Georgie were waiting for the girls at Kady's house when they got back. Taren rushed to help Kady with her bags but she sped past him before he could get a word out. She still felt awkward around him, especially since he's one of the main reasons she was feeling the need to jump any male counterpart in sight.

Georgie rushed into the house on his newly walking legs. He had attached to Kady pretty quickly when they first met and so anytime he saw her he would squeal and open his arms to be picked up. Kady did just that and inhaled his baby lotion scent when he settled into her arms. It hit her that in less than six months she would be holding a baby of her own and she felt a rush of excitement.

"Let's get started shall we?" Bianca said as she brought in the rest of the bags. Taren was lugging the body pillow, nearly his height and size, through the door after her. "We need you looking top notch for tonight?"

"What's tonight?" Taren asked and Kady internally cringed. They had no relationship other than by association through Bianca and Georgie and yet she felt guilty about going out.

It must be my hormones, she reasoned with herself, they're making me go crazy.

"Kady here is trying to get laid."

"Bianca!" Now she externally cringed. Taren looked between his sister and Kady.

"Josh and I are going too for moral support. That way she's not in the middle of a bar looking like a beached whale."

"Thanks," Kady said dryly. "And are you calling me a whale?"

"What? No! You know what I meant."

"Bitch."

"Kady shut up, you know I didn't mean it like that." They were both smiling until Kady wasn't when she remembered Taren in the room.

"Well why don't I come along too?" Taren suggested after a moment. Bianca scoffed.

"Brother, if you were to come with nobody would want to be near our group. You intimidate all the men."

Taren tried to look offended and started to object but Bianca cut him off. "Didn't you ever wonder why I never had a boyfriend in college except for Georgie's father? It's because they were scared of my big brother, the retired college quarterback that could body slam someone in a split second."

Kady had to agree. Taren wasn't a muscled boy as a teenager but once he left for college and got popular in the football world he really bulked up. Not too bulky though, just enough muscle to make him look good.

Stop checking him out, Kady realized he was as she was thinking. Dammit. She had to admit it, she needed to get laid.

Taren sighed loudly and shrugged. "Alright, I guess it'll be a boys right Georgie?" Georgie squealed and held his arms out towards his uncle. Kady let him down and he ran to Taren.

"Alright girly, let's get this show started." Bianca linked arms with Kady and they walked up the stairs together. Kady couldn't help but look back at Georgie and Taren and admire how the two looked together.

...

An hour and a half later Bianca was finally done getting both of them ready. Kady was glad that she made her up because if she did it herself she would have needed a nap. Anything got her tired nowadays.

Kady felt like it would be a short night as she already felt a little tired and the makeup on her face was slightly uncomfortable. It wasn't too much makeup but ever since she got pregnant she hadn't been able to stand it on a regular basis. Normally she would just slick on some lipstick and eye makeup and be on her way but Bianca wanted her to have the full effect.

And Kady let her do it. Even though she knew it would annoy her more than it would be enjoyable she still did it. It was time to get off her ass and over Daniel. And she wouldn't be young forever. Kady might not ever find that perfect man again, but she sure as hell would find one to sleep with.

Bianca only took twenty minutes to primp herself. She already looked ready to have a night on the town when they went shopping and merely needed a fresh face of makeup and a wardrobe change.

Georgie and Taren were eating dinner in the kitchen when the girls descended the stairs. As the kitchen was right off the stairwell, they noticed Bianca and Kady's entrance almost instantly. Taren looked up from his chicken breast and Kady noticed his eyes zone in on her. He released an audible breath before shaking his head and looking towards his sister.

"You both look gorgeous," he said finally. "Be safe out there."

Even though Kady wasn't looking her way she could feel Bianca's eyes roll at the remark. "Josh will be there so we'll be fine." She looked at Kady. "Ready?"

Kady nodded and they headed towards the door. Before they could leave Taren stopped them.

"Here," he gave Kady a slip of paper. "This is my number. If you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate."

Kady's cheeks flushed and she looked down at the paper. His handwriting was scribbly and she could barely read the numbers out but thanked him, nonetheless. Bianca kissed his cheek before dragging Kady out of the door. Josh was waiting in his car at the curb when they walked up.

Even though Kady couldn't drink, Josh had already guaranteed he would be the designated driver so she and Bianca could have a good time. On the drive over Kady could tell that Josh was a good guy and hoped he and her best friend would last.