Six Feet Under (Ben)

WARNINGS: drugs, death, angst, substance abuse, overall sadness

Help I lost myself again, but I remember you

Being the twin sister of Klaus Hargreeves wasn't easy especially when you both got the same power. Seeing the dead, and in the beginning it wasn't too bad. Then Ben died and your whole world came crashing down.

You never wanted to see him again after he died so you stayed drunk and high to drown him out but still the memories of him stayed. The good times you had before everything went wrong. The kisses you shared. The late night talks about anything and everything. The things you didn't want to remember.

Don't come back, it won't end well. But I wish you'd tell me to.

"Because I don't want to see him Klaus! I don't want to see the man I let die! So if I want to get drunk or get high you can't stop me! I refuse to get sober!" You screamed through tears at your brother who had taken your drugs and alcohol trying desperately to get you to talk to Ben. "I just want to help you (y/n)!" He pleaded with you grabbing your hands. "You can't. You can't help me at all. And I don't want you to." You pulled your hands out of his grasp and left the room.

Klaus sighed and sat on your bed with Ben sitting next to him. "She feels guilty for your death even though it wasn't her fault." He shook his head. "If only she knew that."

Our love is six feet under I can't help but wonder, if our grave was watered by the rain

You sat in front of Ben's now fallen statue with a joint in your hand simply staring at it wondering if it was worth it to stay high all the time just to avoid the one person you'd ever loved more than yourself

Would roses bloom? Could roses bloom? Again.

You thought back to all the wonderful memories you'd had with him

"Ben are you up here?" You searched around looking for your boyfriend wondering why Klaus told you to go find him. "In here!" You heard come from his bedroom. You opened the door and saw him with a bouquet of roses and a ring box in his hands.

"Now this isn't a proposal but it is a promise, a promise that I will always love you no matter what happens." Tears started to run down your face as you covered your mouth. Ben smiled and walked over to you setting the roses down and handing you the ring box. "I hope you like it."

Retrace my lips, erase your touch it's all too much for me

Looking down at the ring on your right hand you started to silently cry as you pulled it off setting it down on the base of his statue. You stood and walked away putting the joint between your lips and lighting it.

Blow away like smoke in air, how can you die carelessly

For months upon months you would do anything to get high even going as far as to get your friend to stop your heart just to revive you again after a bit for the adrenaline rush.

Our love is six feet under, I can't help but wonder if our grave was watered by the rain

Klaus was desperately trying to get you to sober up just so you could see Ben even if it was only for a second he need you to see him. But you always refused

Would roses bloom? Could roses bloom?

"I just want to be numb Klaus. Why can't you understand that." He scoffed. "You think I don't understand the feeling? The need to just be numb so you don't have to feel any anger or sadness or grief or regret? Well guess what I know exactly what that feels like and I got through it. (Y/n) you are the strongest person I know. If I can get sober so can you. I know you can." You shook your head.

Theyre playing our sound, laying us down tonight

You slightly swayed to the song playing. It was your song with Ben because it had played when you shared your first kiss. You closed your eyes and thought back to when you would dance along to it with him. Unknown to you Ben watched from the doorway thinking back to the same memory.

And all of these clouds crying us back to life. But you're cold as a knife

"Klaus you need to get to the hospital now. It's (y/n) somethings wrong." Klaus immediately grabbed his black feathery coat and rushed to Diego's room waking him up asking him for his keys. "Why do you need my keys Klaus." Klaus groaned. "It's (y/n) somethings wrong." Diego immediately woke up more. "I'll drive you."

Six feet under

You squinted a little bit only seeing bright lights. You looked around finding yourself in a hospital room with all of your siblings surrounding something but you couldn't figure out what it was.

I can't help but wonder

You stood up and rubbed your head not remembering much from the night. Looking around you spotted a familiar face standing in the corner. Ben

If our grave was watered by the rain

"Shit." He groaned when he saw you staring at him. "I shouldn't be seeing you right now Im not sober I was high as a kite when (your friend) stopped my heart and I was high as a kite when he/she/they brought me back."

Bloom

"(Y/n)..." He started. "What?" He sighed. "(Your friend) didn't bring you back.." You looked at him like he was crazy. "What are you talking about?"

Bloom

Then came those awful words you never thought would come out of his mouth. "(Y/n)... You're dead."

Again

"What? No I'm not I'm alive and healthy! Well not entirely healthy but my heart is still beating!"

All the noise quickly caught Klaus' attention. He turned and his face went white. Allison put a hand on his shoulder. "What are you looking at?"

He let out a shakey breath and pointed to where you were standing. "(Y/n)."

Help I lost myself again but I remember you

Word count: 1046