Zombies and Ghosts (no specific pairing)

Disclaimer: more of a fun fic with almost everyone involved, but mostly Zion and Eugene!

———

"Are there any shows you miss?"

This seemed to be the topic of discussion over dinner in the classroom tonight. Lots of names were thrown out there, and it seemed to cast a lot of smiles around the room. Eventually it got to be your turn, eyes on you as you made your list.

"I really miss the classics from my childhood, stuff like Steven Universe," you think aloud, and you get a smile from Harry.

"That was a really cute show."

"It was! But I really liked horror type stuff too, ironically enough," you shrug and look outside the window. You used to love the idea of horrific things, zombies included, but now? Not so much. "I would watch a lot of paranormal shows. Buzzfeed Unsolved, stuff like that." This earns you a look from Zion across the room.

"You believe in that stuff?" He asks, a mocking smile on his face.

You roll your eyes at him before taking a bite of your food. "We're literally living in a world where there's zombies right outside of our building. I don't think it's too obscure to think ghosts might exist!"

"Zombies are physical beings, though," Lawrence butts in, "and there's a direct cause to their existence. A virus. Ghosts don't seem to be as possible as zombies."

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there," you argue. "With that logic, Bigfoot could easily exist as well."

"That's cause he does," Lawrence mutters under his breath, but no one pays specific attention to it. Zion walks over to you from across the classroom, wrapping an arm around your shoulder and messing up your hair rather suddenly. You quickly let go of your food to use your hands to fight him off.

"Hey!"

The redhead laughs at you. "I think we've got a daydreamer on our hands! That's dangerous in this kind of world, you know."

"Your attitude is what's dangerous," you frown and gain a couple of laughs from the members in the room. Zion playfully shoves you with a scoff. "I'm just saying, if you see a little girl down the hall signing for you to join her little cult, don't come crying to me!"

"Why a little girl?" Eugene suddenly asks and you shrug.

"Demons usually take the form of children so they can trick you."

"Now that's the most bullshit thing that's been said tonight," Zion barks out another laugh and you've had just enough of his teasing. A small plan formulates in your head and you just smile at him, returning to your meal a little smugly.

"Don't come crying to me," you warn.

-----

To your glee, Eugene gladly agrees to help you out with your little project once you come to him after dinner with your plan. The idea was a little crafty, and you both agreed you wanted Zion to be on his lowest guard. It took awhile to finish your prop, and once you did, you both waited a few days until you put the plan into action. It was hard for the both of you to be quiet sitting at the corner of the hall, just out of sight, because you both were giggling so much.

"This is going to be so great," Eugene whispers, and you can't help but agree. Everything was perfect. You got Lawrence's permission to leave dinner earlier than usual once the meeting was wrapped up, so you and Eugene got to your hiding spot no problem. The prop sits next to you, along with the small walkie talkie that Eugene had found in the supply closet. Now all you had to do was wait.