Headaches (Harry/You)

With quick feet, you rush past Eugene and into Harry's room, interested in the map Lawrence had mentioned in the meeting before. Harry was glad to show you, setting it on a classroom table as something slipped out of his pocket. Naturally, you go to pick it up, though you are surprised to see that it's a labelless empty medicine bottle.

"Ah..." Harry takes it from your hands. He looks embarrassed. "It's nothing..."

"You don't have to tell me anything," you try to make him feel better about it. "But... are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course," he smiles. "I just get some bad headaches from time to time..."

You nod in understanding. "I get those too," you admit honestly. "I honestly wish I had some medicine on me for them!"

Harry laughs and you can see him relax. "It's been empty for a while, but it's a comforting item to have. I didn't know you got them too?"

"I have for a while, since before all of this," you silently refer to your surroundings. The apocalypse. "I've had tinnitus for years."

"Tinnitus?"

You gesture to your ears. "Ringing in the ears," you explain. "I used to be able to fade it out with music or something like that, but ever since the zombies came and everything... it's always so quiet. My head gets pretty loud because of it, and it makes me get headaches."

Harry frowns. "I'm sorry to hear about that... If I come across any mp3 players, I'll let you know."

You laugh at his offer. You seriously doubt that you would find any, especially any charged and working ones. But you still appreciate the offer. "Thanks, Harry. What about you?"

"It's kind of complicated," Harry shrugs. You keep silent, giving him a look that lets him know you're willing to listen, and he sighs. "My dad used to hit me and my mom when he was drunk. My mom would always cry back then, and I wanted to be strong for her... So I haven't cried since. And now I have this migraine."

"Sounds like you could use a good cry," you whisper with a smile, hoping that he finds nothing more than light-hearted teasing in your tone. "But seriously... if you want to cry, you can. Especially in these circumstances. And... I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to."

Harry leans in, getting rid of the space between you as he wraps an arm around your shoulder and you put yours around his waist. The two of you squeeze in a small hug. "Thank you," he says honestly.

After that, he lets you explore the map with him, answering what he knew when you asked questions. Harry has always been someone you felt comfortable around, but even so, you feel like the air between you is a lot more clear. You're happy that you both know a little bit about each other now.

"Hey Lawrence," you tug at Lawrence's orange sleeve, stopping him in the middle of his tracks. Him, Harry, Ethan and you were all out scouting for materials today when you noticed a small pharmacy ahead. You point at it and ask, "would you mind if I stop in there for a minute?"

Lawrence's eyes furrow in concern and he frowns. "That wasn't on the agenda..." He sounds unsure.

"I could find some useful drugs. I'm sure it won't harm us to take a look?"

You seem to have convinced him, albeit barely. "Alright. Go in with Harry just in case something's inside. Ethan and I will look around for anything else outside of the building. Is that alright?"

You nod and Harry pats you on the shoulder from beside you. "We'll be back as fast as we can," he says.

"Alright. Be careful. We'll meet at the blue sign."

"Thanks, Lawrence!"

With a wish for good luck, you all go our different ways.

Luckily, there are no zombies in the pharmacy, so you're able to browse the aisles with a breeze. The place isn't as messy and raided through as the other places you've gone to, but there's definitely a lot of stuff gone. That being said, you and Harry fill your bags with the useful stuff that's been left.

Harry looks at the shelves bolted to the wall while you stay where the painkillers are hopefully at. You actually manage to find some, to your surprise. There's only four bottles and you check all their lids and expiration dates to make sure they're still healthy to consume. You end up with three bottles, since you find one empty and with quite a few pills missing, but you're still thankful to have found any at all.

"Hey, Harry! Catch!" You smile as you throw a bottle at him, watching him quickly turn around and do his best to catch the object flying at him. It bounces off his palm and lands on the ground but he quickly picks it up, a flustered look on his face. You laugh at him lightly and he smiles.

"You remembered," he says as he reads the label. "Thank you."

"Of course," you walk over to him and place the other two bottles in his bag. "I scored three total, so they should be able to last us awhile if we ever need them. A bottle for you, a bottle for me, and a bottle for the team if they need it," you wink at him in a friendly manner.

"I wish I could help you out, too," he frowns. "You shouldn't be getting headaches at all. If I could find some sort of player, you wouldn't get headaches at all..."

"If you could cry a little more, it'd be the same way for you," you point out and zip up the bag, hoisting it off the ground and putting it around Harry's shoulders. "There's a lot of easy solutions to things that just can't be done anymore. So we get the bad end of the stick and do what we can with it. And this is us doing what we can." You look him straight in the eye, your hands still lingering on his shoulders. His cheeks pink at your closeness. You think it's a good look on him. "Don't think about the what if's and things like that. Just be happy with things how they are, right?"

He licks his lips before stuttering, "r-right."

You're about to say something else, probably something about how cute he was acting, when a sharp, sudden noise cuts you off. You both hear it, your heads snapping toward the noise. You drop your hands from his shoulders and take a step back. "We should leave," you whisper, and he nods along, heading for the pharmacy door as the noise only gets louder.

Alright. Time to make the best out of a bad situation, right? Right.