Salty Lips (Eugene/You)

Note: small request from tumblr!

———

Lunchtime. Eugene's favorite time of day.

What can he say? He liked to eat. Back before everything started, Eugene remembers sitting at home, laid back on the couch with a soda and bag of chips, watching his favorite show. He did that almost every day of the week, could you blame him for missing it? He used to be able to eat and eat until he couldn't possibly take any more, and now he's in a zombie apocalypse where food is rationed out in small quantities to prevent starvation.

Honestly, everyone is just as hungry as Eugene is. He's just louder about it.

Zion was pretty fed up with his complaining tonight, as were the other members, and you honestly couldn't blame them. You adored Eugene, really, but he was perhaps a touch too whiny tonight.

"I'm just saying that—"

"Yeah, yeah!" Zion interupts with a hard roll of his eyes. "We get it! Poor Eugene, he's so hungry and so sad he can't eat more! He wants my muffin! I know you do, and you're not getting any," He finishes his vent with a big mocking bite off the top of his bread.

Eugene's cheeks flush as he pouts. "Well maybe if you'd give me some, I'd stop complaining."

"Eugene," you sigh and turn your head to look at him with tired eyes. Without giving him much warning, you lean in and give him a soft kiss on the lips.

They're chapped and salty from his chips, but you weren't expecting anything different.

He shudders and stays stock still, not daring to return your kiss as he stares at you in what you believe might be awe. There's various reactions around the classroom but you don't pay them any mind as you smile at the blonde and give him one more kiss (on the cheek this time). "Shut up and finish your dinner."

Eugene does just that, not daring to look at you for the rest of the evening as he silently nibbles on his chips. You'd be worried that you offended him if it wasn't for how red his cheeks are.