Don't Think Twice (Zion/You)

Note: The lyrics are from the song Don't Think Twice by Hikaru Utada. The song is up above!

This is not a song fic!

----------

You had the song stuck in your head practically all day.

You hummed it under your breath as you went around on patrol and did other daily things around the high school. You got eyed a few times throughout the day for it, but thankfully no one commented on it, so you continued to quietly hum the tune.

You were in the storage room, presumably alone, as you checked the windows and started to sort food. All alone, you felt safe to softly sing the lyrics to the song.

Kiss me once, kiss me twice, kiss me three times, cross the line...

Don't think twice, don't think twice,

Don't think twice, baby, don't think twice.

Kiss me once, kiss me twice, kiss me three times, be mine...

"Awfully forward of you," a sudden voice interrupts your singing and you jolt in surprise as you look over your shoulder.

"Don't get any ideas, Zion," you roll your eyes and continue to look at expiration dates on various food packages. "Don't you have anything better to do than tease me?"

You can hear him come closer from behind you. "Well, I thought I had to kiss you. Once? Twice? Three times? That's an awful lot of kisses," He teases lightly, squatting next to you on the floor as he silently begins to help.

"I also said not to think twice, but I'd be lucky if you even thought once."

"Are you saying I don't ever think?"

"Your words, not mine," you grin and fall forward from Zion pushing you. Just enough to annoy you, not enough to make you fall over.

"What's that song even from? Or did you make it up because you're lonely?"

You ignore his attempt to insult you as you answer honestly, "it's from a game I used to play. I honestly didn't really care for the song, but it's just been stuck in my head today." He hums in acknowledgment before the two of you continue to silently work together. It's a comfortable silence which doesn't surprise you. As hot-headed as he could be, Zion was always a comfortable person to hang around. It helped that you felt a touch safer with him around, too. Even though you knew the likability of getting attacked right now was slim, it was still relaxing to know you had someone watching your back.

"I think we're all done," you softly break the silence and stand up, Zion shortly following after. You head for the door before he stops you, calling out your name.

He grins at you cheekily, leaning into you and whispering, "You forgot something." And to your surprise, he tilts his head and gives you a rather sweet peck on your cheek.

You stutter, face flushing red. "W-what?"

"That's one," Zion winks before opening the class door from behind you and walking away. "Two more to go."

"Oh, eat it, Zion!" You yell at him as he disappears down the hall, his laugh fading away with him. Once you shake off the flustered feeling crawling in your belly, you quickly run to the rest of your responsibilities for the day.

Don't think about it too hard, you tell yourself. He's just trying to get a reaction out of you.

Because face it, this was Zion. Why else would he kiss you?