24) stay or go?

Seeing Vintner's forehead etched with worry definitely wasn't helping me calm down . He constantly kept tapping his foot on the ground which was driving me absolutely insane . After five minutes of the incessant taping I gripped his thigh and glared at him , he quickly understood and stopped the tapping but his facial expressions didn't waver .

After meeting my mother by being transported into the past , I had to make the decision of whether I wanted to go back and stay alive or live on the train as a dead person . I know that I should be the one with the incessant tapping and worry etched face but here vintner is worried because he's trying to read the three volume rule book that involves rules about everything that could occur on this train from dream destination to soulmates .

He resumes reading and keeps scanning the pages looking for something that might assure him that if I was going to go back everything would be fine and I wouldn't be in any danger . for someone like me who has been on this train for quite some time it's bizarre that my body is still living and breathing in the hospital in a comatose state .

I leave vintner to his worried scanning and decide to go wake Hayes up who was still sleeping and it was already 12 in the noon ! I don't even bother knocking , I walk straight in and see Hayes's sleeping face , his limbs almost falling off the bed with drool escaping from the side of his lips .

I know to many girls this sight might be repulsive but I couldn't stop my crush from Increasing tenfold..
yeah he has that effect on me , and yes I said crush .

But I know we can never be together in that sense because well he's dead and I don't know what I am yet , and he probably has a soulmate whose waiting for him somewhere on this train right now .

I try to shake him awake but he only moves a little his eyes not even opening an inch . I realise standing there that a little shaking is not going to work , so i shout

"HAYES ! wake up ! Wake up ! Sleepyhead"

"Aja.s...sji...fi....ve- mhmmhm "

His incoherent mumbling in gibberish lasts for only about a few seconds when I have an idea and pull his covers off which makes him fall face first on the floor with a huge splat !

I wince but seeing his flabbergasted face looking around in shock trying to comprehend what happened I burst out laughing .
He scans the room and finally sees me in the corner clutching his sheets and laughing uncontrollably.

His confused face turns into an amused one and He chuckles mumbling something and stands up from the floor

"Okay lovanna ! I get it this is the funniest thing you have ever seen Ha Ha"

"Hahaha ... I'm hahaha sorry bahhahahha"

he gives me his signature smirk and my heart melts along with all my resolves to not get involved with him .
Before I do something I shouldn't , I fold his sheets up and head out of the coach telling him to meet me in the eating area .
_______

We're sitting in the eating area , waiting for Ivelle to work her magic and feed us so my stomach can stop it's protest by grumbling pretty audibly.

Hayes is currently laughing at me because my napkin is smothered with tomato ketchup because I squeezed the bottle by mistake .
Don't even get me started on how !

I try to throw my fork at him but since I am the queen of clumsy land it lands with a huge thud on my plate making people around us stop their conversations to eye us some even glaring and shaking their heads !

And I thought dead people don't judge .

After stuffing myself with scrambled egg and toast Hayes and I decided to walk around the train for a bit and play a game .

So we look at people and try to guess something about their lives . As we walk through the several coaches we seen a bald man walking in front of us his nose buried in a newspaper .

Yep dead people also get the daily newspaper !

Hayes pokes me with his elbow and whispers so the bald man couldn't hear us ...

"This man is definitely one of those old people who hate today's generation and tell the kids to stay off his precious yard that is regularly trimmed by none other than him"

I laugh at his stupid assumptions but since we had nothing better to do I comply .
We see a curly red haired women sitting and staring out of the window , she was wearing a pearl necklace and a purple coloured dress that looked pretty expensive .

Hayes nudges me mouthing 'its you're turn'
I chuckle at the childishness of the game but observe her anyway trying to figure anything about her

" So I think this women is part of a very prestigious family .. and she's definitely a chairperson of some obnoxious ladies tea party club . she probably goes around spending her money on clothes to impress her tea party friends who act like they like her but In reality they don't "

both of us burst out laughing , but quietly slip out of the coach and head towards my room before anyone hears our offensive conversations , and decide to throw us out .

Ever since Hayes came to our train coach we have been spending time mostly in my room , his room merely serves as his sleeping place.

which is the best because I don't trust myself to behave in front of him as we sleep ! Together.. in the same room , after are kiss and many more almost kisses...

even though i like the train and I definitely like Hayes I have a decision to make ,

should I go back ? Or stay .

We spent the whole day lazing around and doing stupid things like talking about how people never feel the urge to pee or poop on this train !

Yes that's exactly the train of thought we have been following for the past hour ! Pun intended!

"No but I think dead people should have the right to pee and poop , you know to make this train experience mor-"

I throw a pillow at him to shut him up as his pee and poop talks have been making me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts and tears are rolling down my cheek . He joins in my laughter and we lay around laughing like crazy chipmunks who accidently snorted cocaine !

As the night proceeds we can hear everyone excitedly chattering about what awaited them the next day ...

Hayes finally rises up from my bed stretching his hands above his head and yawns slowly moving towards the door . He walks a few steps but pokes his head a second later which I was expecting by as it's our daily routine

"Goodnight lovanna" I smile

I could never get used to his sleepy voice ....

"Night Hayes"

I hear him open his door and then slowly shut it . As I lay my head on the pillow , I wonder if I should have told him that I already made my decision

whether to leave or stay .....