Fighting for what's right

Waking up the next morning, Soo remembered what had happened last night and hoped that no one remembered what had happened. Flopping back on the bed she looked up at the ceiling and just was thinking about everything and nothing. For the first time, she felt peaceful. Hearing a knock on the door, she realised that today was the day that she was seeing more of Goryeo. Yelling out that she would have a bath, she planned out what she was going to do before she went out. 

Getting into the tub of warm water that the maids had prepared for her she could feel her body warming up from the cold she felt. Knowing that the maids were not going to interrupt her like she had told them that she could wash herself, Soo relaxed. As she stared at the water she hummed out a tune that she used to sing along with her mum when watching the Disney movie  'Mulan'. She realised that she missed her mum and prayed that her parents were well and didn't worry about her. As she hummed out the tune she forgot about the world and what was happening. Still humming she dressed up for the markets. Soo asked a maid where Wook was and as she went to his study she hoped that only Wook came. Opening the door she realised that it seemed her request was granted as Wook was the only one there. 

Looking up from the writing, Wook smiled and gathering what seemed to be a money pouch he walked towards her. "Let's Go. My brothers have decided to leave you alone today." Soo couldn't help but feel relieved the princes were too much for her.

Walking side by side Wook, Soo couldn't but feel that she had walked back in time. Seeing the market stalls and looking at what they were selling she was amazed. As she walked she didn't realize that Wook was far ahead. Running to catch up with him she nearly tripped over a person who was lying down on the ground. 

Looking around Soo watched as everyone pretended that they didn't see the person on the ground. Seems like even thousands of years of Goryeo time people are still ignorant. She couldn't but feel angry but the pharmacist in her knew she had to save a life. Thank goodness she learnt how to be a GP before she decided pharmacy was what she wanted to do. 

Looking at the person she rough estimated the woman was in her 40s and it seemed that she had a fever running and was bleeding on her legs and arms. Seeing a child run by her, Soo asked him if he could get some water and a cloth for her. The boy ran off and soon came back with a tub of water. He told her that there were no clothes. Soo thanked him and told him that she would buy him food later on. The boy smiled at her and decided to watch her. Here was a lady who seemed to care for the poorer people.

Soo looked down and tried to think of what she could do as she needed some clothes. Looking down she saw that her dress had a few layers of cloth and decided her a layer from the skirt would do. Tearing the cloth into strips she moved quickly and wet a piece of cloth with water and gently put it on the woman's forehead. Keeping a spare one for later she went and wiped the blood of the woman. As she wiped she saw that the blood was weeping. Tying some cloth around the areas that were bleeding, Soo decided to see if she could bring the fever down. But first, the lady needed to be lying on a bed and not on the dirt floor.

Looking up to see if she could get help, Soo was surprised that there was a crowd of people and Wook was at the front. Speaking to him she asked if there was a place she could take the woman to rest. Wook did tell her about the physician's office and organized two men to help the woman.

After making sure that the woman was being looked after, Soo decided to go home and take a bath. Before she could go to her room, Wook told her that her behaviour was unacceptable and unladylike of her station. Soo was surprised and felt angry. She didn't care who heard her but she knew she needed to make it right.

" How dare you tell me what to do. I was there and I saw someone injured and you expect me to walk away and pretend everything is fine like the rest of you. It seems like we never learn from our past and we as humans will always be so ignorant. But to walk away from someone who needs help is showing we don't care. As part of the people whose stations are better shouldn't we be showing compassion and setting an example? But no we are just as bad as those who serve us. They are humans as well and they need our help. I won't stoop to your level and I will continue to help them and it doesn't matter what gender I am or who I am I will help them until the day I die. I dare you to stop me and I don't care about who you are." As soon as she finished her statement and without waiting for what Wook had to say she ran out the door and away from the house. What Soo didn't realize was that she ran past shocked princes who were at the doorway listening to what was happening as they had heard yelling. None of them tried to stop her as they didn't want to deal with a crying lady.

Soo kept on running and as she was new to the place it wasn't surprising that she got lost. Looking around all she saw were tall trees and she knew she was in some sort of forest. Trying to retrace her step back she felt the cold seeping through her clothes. Wishing for warmth she decided it may be better she take some sort of shelter for the night. Leaning against a tree whose trunk was quite big she slept. 

Sometime during the night, a stranger saw a lady sleeping against a tree, looking closer they saw that she was a lady and decided to lay a robe on her and let his brothers know that he had found her but knew she was okay where she was until morning.

End of chapter 6.