2: bunk'd

the day finally rolled around, and i felt pretty bittersweet about it. on one hand, i was bummed about the fact that i was going to be without music and youtube for a whole month, not to mention i'd be surrounded by a bunch of dirty ass bugs, random ass animals, pedo ass camp counselors, and let's not get started on the other campers.

i really hope this camp isn't full of weird ass white kids that eat boogers and dig up their assholes, because if so, i'm not scared to drown them in the lake.

but on the other side, my mama clearly didn't want me around, and she was happy to be getting rid of me for a month. before we left the house, her nigga was already unpacking and bringing his shit in the house.

you could tell she was happy as fuck about it too, she had a smile on her face the whole day, and the closer we got to camp as we drove up to it, the happier she seemed to be.

so honestly, if she was happy to not be around me, then i was happy too. being at camp sounds better than being at the house with nothing but stale cereal with no milk and leftover pizza to eat.

soon, i eyed a sign that said that we were nearing camp topanga, and my nerves started to kick in. i don't know why exactly i felt a sudden wave of anxiousness, but i did.

nevertheless, when we actually did make it to the camp, we were greeted by a large wooden arch with a sign hanging from it that read "welcome to topanga."

we parked in front of the arch, along with a lot of other parents who were dropping off their kids at the camp.

as i got out of the car and got my suitcase out of the trunk (after my mama took my knife away because i 'don't know how to act' according to her) my mother and i said our goodbyes.

"okay, bye mom. i'll see you soon. i love y-"

"bye nigga, don't die, and don't end up in jail, because i won't be bailing your lil ass out.

she then rolled up her window and proceeding to drive off with not even so much as an i love you or i'll miss you.

it be like that sometimes.

i shrugged it off and continued to walk towards the actual campgrounds, taking in the scenery as i walked.

as i looked around, it looked like your typical summer camp. really green and woodsy, all the adults who i was assuming were camp counselors were wearing these big stupid wide brimmed hats, everything was made from wood, and i was lost in a sea of parents and children, hearing chatter from various people about how excited they were to be here and parents giving lectures.

i ended up figuring out that i needed to stop by this front desk near the front of the park so that i could find out what cabin i'm staying in.

when i got to the front of the line, i was greeted by a darkskin girl with purple hair and lipstick to match her hair, with the name "justine" on her name tag.

"hello, what can i help you with?" she asked me.

what literally everyone else is here for, to find out what cabin i'm in dumbass, no no, jahseh be nice, she's just asking because it's part of her job.

"i want to know what cabin i'll be staying in."

"okay, let me check - what's your name?" she asked again.

"jahseh dwayne ricardo onfroy. but you can just call me jah." i responded.

justine went to go through some list on her clipboard before she informed me. "you'll be staying in cabin a."

"alright, thanks," i responded before stepping out of line.

now i had a whole new problem: where the fuck is cabin a?